Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a fm modulator for the Hyundai Veracruz and my main problem is installing it. I really want the dealership to install it next time I visit them, but I wonder what would be their typical fee to install a fm modulator specifically made for the vehicle? I have beginner experience with installing an aftermarket radio to another vehicle and feel I might be able to do it myself. Would I void some warranty that the vehicle still have after the mileage warranty?

The vehicle is a 2011 limited Veracruz that has a navigation unit, but the only instructions I found for the installation uses a regular radio head unit(seen here).

I asked here before I call them tomorrow morning, and the fm modulator is coming in the mail in a couple of days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I called my dealership and they told me that service is $120 per hour and the fm modulator costed me $20 total. I will look at all the installation pdf to see if I can do it myself befor seeing how much the dealer would cost me. Probably a job of 15 minutes or less, but either way will cost more than the piece itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the fm modulator for? Does your Veracruz not have an aux input jack?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah. The Veracruz's with navigation have no aux or any phone connectivity. Either I got this or a $300+ radio that did all I needed (and is made specifically for the Veracruz).

By 2011 I thought an aux input would be standard on all vehicles, the Veracruz was even advertised with the feature being standard but the manual said otherwise.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
That's very odd even my 11 Elantra has an aux input and USB. Are you sure it's not hidden somewhere strange like the glove box or center armrest console?

I think the install should be pretty simple for any vehicle. Last time I did one of these in Pathfinder it just went inline with antenna input.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's very odd even my 11 Elantra has an aux input and USB. Are you sure it's not hidden somewhere strange like the glove box or center armrest console?

I think the install should be pretty simple for any vehicle. Last time I did one of these in Pathfinder it just went inline with antenna input.

The compartment it's suppose to be in is blank. The manual has a picture clearly showing its location. The head unit doesn't even have a aux button. I will upgrade the head unit in the future. Btw just looked at the manual, under the aux/ipod section, in quotations they have (if equipped) but ads on the net say it's a standard. Whats more questionable is that the manual has nothing on the nav unit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanna install it myself but I don't know if the navigation head unit has a different wire harness than the regular 6 disk radio shown in the pdf instructions.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Only 1 way to find out

Actually there are two ways :). Register for an account at hmaservice.com and view the tech diagrams. Note: must use IE web browser

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only 1 way to find out

Actually there are two ways :). Register for an account at hmaservice.com and view the tech diagrams. Note: must use IE web browser
Okay. I will check that out. I "think" even thought the harness may be different, the color coded wires would be the same which the green/black is the 12 constant I need to tap into.

I also looked at the warranty book that came with the vehicle and it said if I bought the Genuine Piece through the Hyundai dealership, the installation/labor cost would be covered.

Just will keep this in mind in the future when I really upgrade the radio head unit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found someone who can do the installation for me, probably later next week, but I cannot sign up on the Hyundai service website. The issue is when the user agreement is clicked, I get "about blank" on Firefox and Chrome.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Typically, IE is required to register and use that particular website.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts