Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I admit to being a total wuss and don't want to wire in and power an amplifier on my stock GLS.

Has anyone replaced just the door speakers? Did it make a significant difference? The sound quality of the stock GLS system is really a bummer some times.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Agreed, that's what I plan in doing in the future, but I'll tell ya from going from the stock radio to my Pioneer AVH-1500dvd it sounds better already...

·
22,793 Posts
There are a variety of posts on the different model's threads where members have upgraded "just the speakers." And all have been overwhelmingly positive. Try the search feature on the bar, above. You'll discover more information than you ever needed to know and be able to make a better-informed decision on which route to take. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I have the 2012 SE Turbo with the nav. and I changed the speakers on all four doors with the JBL's 3 ways and to me it sounds better than with the stocks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First off, I admit to being a total wuss and don't want to wire in and power an amplifier on my stock GLS.

Has anyone replaced just the door speakers? Did it make a significant difference? The sound quality of the stock GLS system is really a bummer some times.
I was really wussy and only replaced the front driver and passenger door speakers. It made a huge difference to me. I may eventually do the same to the rear doors because it was so friggin' easy even for a novice like me (watching youtube videos helped). But yes I was impressed with the difference and even managed to sell my 2 OEM speakers on Ebay for $40 so I made back a portion of the cost of the new speakers.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have the 2012 SE Turbo with the nav. and I changed the speakers on all four doors with the JBL's 3 ways and to me it sounds better than with the stocks.
Reus49 you have the model on those speakers you got?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts
The stock speakers really suck. If I were in the car more( wife's car) I would swap them out. As is now, between the tire noise and kids yapping, its not worth the effort to even use the stereo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts