Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
2001 GLS - 120,000 miles. Runs great. Only issues were cv axles @ 95k miles (replaced under 10 year warranty) and intake manifold gasket. Replaced plugs and wires twice. Otherwise, stellar car. Change oil once a year using mobile 1 synthetic high mileage & legit filters. Air filters every 2 years, and like most people, headlights about every 6 months ;)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
2006 GLS Hatch
115K miles, replaced timing belt x1, drivers side half shaft (seal leaking). Beyond that, oil, antifreeze, tires, brakes (once). Still runs like a top, no squeaks, rattles, or knocks.

Hyundai filters only, Castrol GTX 10W30 every 5k miles.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,393 Posts
On my Elantra 2001 GLS Autotransmission
It has 104853 miles and I bought it when it had 82k plus miles
That was four years and many dollars ago

Edit: replace 4 struts, two tires, right outer tie rod end, CV axle, ABS sensor, O2 sensor, TPS sensor, flex pipe, spark plugs and wires, wheel bearing, brake rotors and pad, drums and shoes, oil changes and wheel alignments (many wheel alignments)
The only thing that didn't cost me money was replacing the sub frame and two lower control arms due to a recall

·
Registered
3 Posts
2003 automatic with 154,000 miles. The only major issue was the head. For some reason the head bolts came loose. Car probably had only 60K miles when this happened. Also around the same time the middle exhaust pipe completely rusted off at a joint and fell off while I was driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2003 w 167k miles. Just bought it so can't comment on any history other than it's only had the original owner, which i bought it from. I'll find out next week if the timing belt has or hasn't been replaced.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2003 w 167k miles. Just bought it so can't comment on any history other than it's only had the original owner, which i bought it from. I'll find out next week if the timing belt has or hasn't been replaced.
If it has 167k miles it's been replaced at least once. Time to replace it again. They need to be replaced at 60k miles. At least pull the cover and inspect it

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Elantra GLS. Just bought it with 246,000 miles. One prior owner. Driven from SF to LA and back twice a month since new. I bought it needing a new clutch, which has been done. Putting a new timing belt in this weekend because the sticker on top of the cover says "Replaced at 104,000 miles"

Apart from a central locking issue (See my other thread) everything looks and works perfectly. Car passed smog no problem and drives beautifully. (And was dirt cheap due to the high miles and bad clutch.)

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
2006 Elantra GLS. Just bought it with 246,000 miles. One prior owner. Driven from SF to LA and back twice a month since new. I bought it needing a new clutch, which has been done. Putting a new timing belt in this weekend because the sticker on top of the cover says "Replaced at 104,000 miles"

Apart from a central locking issue (See my other thread) everything looks and works perfectly. Car passed smog no problem and drives beautifully. (And was dirt cheap due to the high miles and bad clutch.)

Richard
Nice milage!! :surprise:

I've got 2006. Elantra GL 1.6L, 91 000 km (~57 000 miles), recently bought from first owner which was making only 10 miles every day to his work and back home. Car is almost good as new. I will significantly increase this miles per year ratio, perhaps triple it or even more >:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
2002 Elantra Saloon, 145.000 Km, no serious problems so far, only dashboard clock working eratically, ( from time to time)....and central locking not working, caused by a damaged driver's side lock (as I ve been told) which also controls the other 3 locks....:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
2005 GT. 129k miles and running strong. Bought it with a new clutch, timing belt, accesory belts, and all new brakes. Put in a master cylinder myself (20 minutes and $30), adjusted throttle cables, and clutch pedal. Runs like a top, quick too!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Getting my oil changed at the dealer when the lady asked how many miles I had and I said "129k" she goes "oh wow! You got a lot on that!"

Honey, please

·
Registered
2 Posts
130.000 really is nothing. Most MB/BMW/Audi/Volvo's I see being sold here for less than 5k have over 200.000 miles on them and many Toyotas (or Hyundai diesels) have 200-250.000.

·
Registered
76 Posts
2005 Hyundai Elantra GLS with manual 5-speed. Owned it since new and currently have 220,000 miles on the car. Just routine maintenance all done by me (oil changes, brakes, timing belts (3), spark plugs, hoses, fluids, etc. I did install a new upstream O2 sensor and replaced the radiator. It needs a new clutch, but it keeps going so I continue to drive it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2001 Elantra GLS. Second owner. Bought it off craigslist at 121,000 miles. It's at around 132,000 now. Seems to run amazing. It's my first car and I'm trying to take care of it the best I can. I had to replace the valve cover gasket, as it was leaking oil, then I decided to use the Hyundai oil filter with some full synthetic Mobil 1.

I'd like to hit 200 or even 300k and keep it and get a newer model.

Favorite thing? SO many bolts are 10mm. I love instantly grabbing a 10mm and it fitting snug. I've never really noticed other cars like that, but I could be wrong.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts