Hyundai Forums banner

How Much Is Insurance For The 2011 Sonata Se?

10K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  midas69 
#1 ·
Can anyone share their insurance fees to insure this car? Full coverage?

#2 ·
Might be more helpful to ask what car people had before and if it went up or down.

2006 Sonata V6 - went up by ....

That way you can see how it compares to other cars. Getting figures probably won't mean much unless you have the same driving record, same amount of past claims, same company, etc.

#3 ·
I really depends a lot on where you live, A LOT!!!

For me, my insurance went up about $7 a month over a 2007 Camry. Any first year car is going to be a little more expensive for insurance. Since the car is so new, any accidents will require the use of OEM parts because the aftermarket hasn't caught up yet. Once aftermarket parts are available the rates will slowly start to drop.

#4 ·
Mine is more expensive than I thought it would be. It's right at the same as my other car - a 2007 BMW 335. I figured the BMW would be more to insure, but I guess not. What sucks is the price us LTD owners in with the SE owners for whatever reason - I didn't compare to GLS pricing though to see if there was any real difference.

I'm hoping after a year or so it goes down a good chunk.

#5 ·
Ok, Chicagoland, from Allstate:

Bodily Injury Liability (low/high): $100,000 / $300,000
Property Damage: $50,000
Uninsured Motorist (low/high): $100,000 / $300,000
Medical Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: $2,000
New car protection

$445.20

Two people eligible to drive this car.

#6 ·
i'm currently under my father's AAA insurance but once i buy the sonata, the car will be on a separate insurance policy (my own). I've been driving for almost 6 years (started at 18) with no moving violations and accidents. I've only gotten 2 parking tickets in my life (both street cleaning). Can you guys guestimate the price for me? Since i'm going to finance the car, it'll be full coverage insurance.

#7 ·
QUOTE (adversary @ Apr 30 2010, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318336
i'm currently under my father's AAA insurance but once i buy the sonata, the car will be on a separate insurance policy (my own). I've been driving for almost 6 years (started at 18) with no moving violations and accidents. I've only gotten 2 parking tickets in my life (both street cleaning). Can you guys guestimate the price for me? Since i'm going to finance the car, it'll be full coverage insurance.
Call your insurance agent, Geico, Progressive... etc. They will all be very happy to quote you.
Give them the MSRP, Model etc....

#8 ·
Like the above posts say, its going to vary. I think your best bet for you is to determine as best you can what model you would like to own.
Pick a car and copy the VIN #, call your friendly insurance folks (or shop around of course). Your just shopping for the best rate and they
understand that, your not putting your name on the dotted line.
In my case they asked for a VIN # and I told them that the number very well could change, no problem, call if it does. Which it did.

Then again maybe your folks would not need a VIN #, state to state requirement I would expect. We need an insurance professional on the forum.

Think about the glass repair/replacement also.

Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

Chuck

#9 ·
QUOTE (ula @ Apr 30 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318335
Ok, Chicagoland, from Allstate:

Bodily Injury Liability (low/high): $100,000 / $300,000
Property Damage: $50,000
Uninsured Motorist (low/high): $100,000 / $300,000
Medical Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: $2,000
New car protection

$445.20

Two people eligible to drive this car.
Is that per year or for 6 months?

#10 ·
QUOTE (adversary @ Apr 30 2010, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318336

I have nearly the same driving experience and record as you, and my insurance rate came out to be around $450 for 6 months from State Farm. I am also under a couple of discount programs so I would guess the rate would be around 500 - 550 without any discounts.

#12 ·
QUOTE (ula @ Apr 30 2010, 08:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318385
6 months. I wish it would be a year... :thumbsup:
Don't feel bad. I have the same coverage limits and haven't had an accident or ticket in 30 years. I've been with State Farm for over 20 years and get a discount for having homeowner insurance with them too. And I'm paying $513 every 6 months. Just because I actually live in the city. Fortunately I live in a good part of the city or it would be even worse.

That's why I said, it really depends on where you live.

#13 ·
QUOTE (adversary @ Apr 30 2010, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318336
Sure. . . anywhere between $450 - $2,000/ 6 months :grin:

haha sorry couldn't resist. I know when I moved from my parents house where I grew up down to where my wife grew up my insurance would've doubled. The only reason it didn't is because we were expecting a child, so with having a child that reduced the rates significantly. That being said, it all depends on the state and in my situation the county of where you live as to what your rate will be. Make sure to give your local insurance agent all your background as there might be discounts available. For instance I recently called my insurance agent and let them know where I got my undergrad degree from, grad degree from and the professional organization I'm a member of to see if any of them would get me a discount. Sure enough it worked :banana: Ohh and I've been a member of the organization for 6 years. Wished I would've called earlier :gitara:

Also, I think for most companies rates drop once you hit 25, which it sounds like you're getting close too. You might want to ask that question when you're calling around. :thumbsup:

#14 ·
QUOTE (adversary @ Apr 30 2010, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318324
Can anyone share their insurance fees to insure this car? Full coverage?
I do not have an SE but have a GLS. My insurance is $152 for 6 months with 500 deductible. This includes new car replacement/gap insurance. I use Ameriprise insurance. Give them a call 888-404-5365 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              888-404-5365      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

#16 ·
I have way too many factors that have changed recently to be comparable to my last car's rate because this year i got married, moved, turned 25, got my drive to work under 10miles, and got a multiple car discount, amongst other things. But my insurance is approx. 615/yr with the mandatory full coverage and $500 deductible. Not one single wreck in my history and not 1 single point in over 6 years (Erie Ins.)

#18 ·
QUOTE (tCizzler @ May 1 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318495
With rates like that, i would be scared as he11 to get in an accident. They can't be paying off too many claims with rates that low for full coverage. Unless your car was paid off and you had state minimum, but you said with GAP ins. too.
Mine is about the same price. Same as my BMW 335 too.

I have 100/300/100, 5k Medical payments, same uninsured motorist, rental coverage, all the bells and whistles. My state minimum is 25/50/25 LOL - If you hit a Lexus you are f*cked.

I'm insured with USAA. Also have homeowners with them and about to do an umbrella policy.

#19 ·
for a new policy ($500 deductible), i was quoted $900/ 6 months by farm bureau and $1000/ 6 months from progressive. i can get some discounts from farm bureau if i transfer my current policy to the sonata, but the rate will still be ridiculous compared to what i was paying on my old hoopty $150/6 months. i have zero claims, wrecks, tickets on a 15 year driving history.

just for the heck of it i asked for a quote on an accord and was quoted $800 something.

#20 ·
Progressive is the worst. Their commercials are adorable :p
QUOTE (tibike @ May 1 2010, 04:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318470
I do not have an SE but have a GLS. My insurance is $152 for 6 months with 500 deductible. This includes new car replacement/gap insurance. I use Ameriprise insurance.
You are driving a brand new Model Car (true claims cost tbd) Excellent rate!

By the way State Farm rules. :thumbsup: Try my new Insurance Co. Amica. There is even a Hyundai Amica :trophy:

#22 ·
I'm 22 now 23 in June. With my 06 GLS V6 living in Florida, no accidents or tickets in the last 4 years 11 months, they want around $950.00 6 months for a 25/50k property and 50/100k liability, I have an auto loan too. Progressive is expensive.

#23 ·
QUOTE (Big B @ May 5 2010, 10:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320022
I'm 22 now 23 in June. With my 06 GLS V6 living in Florida, no accidents or tickets in the last 4 years 11 months, they want around $950.00 6 months for a 25/50k property and 50/100k liability, I have an auto loan too. Progressive is expensive.
Progressive quoted me 380 every 6 months. I am currently paying 300 for my 99 corolla.

#25 ·
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 5 2010, 10:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320041
Progressive quoted me 380 every 6 months. I am currently paying 300 for my 99 corolla.
How old are you? I got a quote for a 97 Saturn with no collision or comprehensive for $590.00 from state farm for 6 months. jeesh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.