Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what everyone paid... Not a lot of negotiating room on these since they're selling like hotcakes!

I'll start...

White GLS AWD
Preferred Equipment Package
First Aid Kit
Cargo Net
Mud Guards
Cargo Mat
Carpeted Floor Mats
EC Mirror

Paid sticker (MSRP) for it at $24,590. Very surprising the dealership didn't have a markup on it, especially being in Alaska where vehicles are typically more expensive. No negotiating room at all. Only one Hyundai dealership in the area, with only two Tucson's to choose from. My white one, and a gray Limited model. There were three people trying to drive mine after I was already in the process of signing the papers :eek: :blink:.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Jared,

now you have to remember that I am in Australia

my ix35 (Tuscon) model here called an Elite

white with black side skirts, 2 litre Diesel, AWD,auto, floor mats, rear cargo net, was $40k registered driveaway

we have 3 models here and the base model is only offered in front wheel drive and petrol (gas) engine

cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Google $40k AUD is about $36k USD. Australia always seems to get screwed over on shipping among other things! I would really like to have the 2.0D here in the US though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
we certainly do get screwed over when it comes to pricing on import motor vehicles, the 2.0litre Diesel is a good thing though, plenty of go and good fuel economy,,,,,,,,,,we dont have an option of bluetooth in any of the ix35 models here,,,,,do you there?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I bought:

Ash Black/Black LTD AWD

Carpeted Mats
Cargo Tray (the rubber one)
Cargo Net
Mud Guards
Wheel Locks
Homelink Mirror

So far an absolutely wonderful vehicle.

MSRP 27240 (paid 26020). Costco member special pricing.

-Todd

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I purchased a AWD Limited (cotton white) with the Premium Package, Mud flaps, Wheel locks, Floor Mats. Sticker was $29,725.00 All I got off was $600.00 so I paid $29,125.00 + tax

I added the Homelink mirror and cargo net myself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We picked up a new 2010 Tuscon Limited FWD last weekend for my wife, replacing a 2003 Honda CR-V.
It is white Limited, with Premium Pkg, Floor mats, wheel splash guards, cargo net, cargo tray mat,
and auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink. Not many items left off...
Sticker was $28,575 and we got $1500 off sticker and, a remarkable and unexpected $8500 for the
CR-V trade-in, where KBB, et al, showed $6-$7Gs max.

Our first Hyundai, and impressed by the "stuff" they load onto the car(s)...

Very pleased with the deal, the Asheville, NC dlr and the car, thus far.
GL, mD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aurora Blue GLS A/T FWD
Popular Equipment Package
Cloth floormats

The sticker was $22,590 (MSRP).
After negotiations, we agreed to $21,505.
Add in doc fee, taxes, and title, the total out-the-door was $22,955.00.
  • Got $1,000 for my trade-in (it was a beat-up clunker ready for the scrap heap; that $1k was generous)
  • Paid $1,000 cash
  • Financed $20,955
The closest Hyundai dealer that I pass every day on the way to work had the same vehicle marked $2k over MSRP ($24,590) and wouldn't come down even a penny, claiming they had no issues selling at that price.

The next two dealers (one across state lines, the other 60 miles away in-state) both wanted the sale bad enough to negotiate a little. We ended up sticking with the in-state purchase since the final offers were about the same and we didn't want to deal with cross-state sales tax. I'll service it at the local dealer that was too good to discuss their inflated pricing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys,
I just bought a Black GLS AWD with Black interior

Accessories:
Cargo net
splash guards
carpets

MSRP: 24525
My Price: 22855
Since I am in CA, out of the door price to be under 25400.

I think I 've got a pretty decent deal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dam straight bout aussies gettin ripped none the less after draggin family to perth to pick the new addition up and drive back to broome at an insane fuel economy.

IX35 highlander
blue ice
just received our scuff plates and nudge bar a couple weeks ago
everything they could back order for us possible in extra's minus tow ball
48G's later and still loving it. I'd never it for a replacement of me old hilux and dam i work for toyota :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Tucson was stolen recently so I was able to buy new last week!
(long process with the insurance but so worth it now that it is all over)

My 2011 Tucson is Diamond Silver/Black interior

MSRP 22,840

OUT THE DOOR PRICE: 24,029.00 including the tax/title/new plates

I contacted 5 dealers in my surrounding area and sent them emails with what I was looking for and asked for their OTD
price. Then I forwarded my lowest price email to the local dealer and they said they will meet it.
Which worked for me saved me driving time of an hour each way to the other dealer.

I have done it this way the last 4 Hyundai's I have purchased.
I hate walking into dealerships unless I am ready to test drive at the choice of dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

We have just bought a ix35 (Tucson) AWD Elite diesel, auto, Ice Blue and paid $38000 drive away, very happy so far, it's also got bluetooth which is just great

Cheers

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts