Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity I'd like to see how many miles your i10 has done. I've clocked over 36,000 from new.

I'm really considering getting a new i10 when it comes out, but we shall see.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Till the date, my Hyundai i10 had run a total of 28,000 miles distance. And I am happy that its giving a good response even today.

·
Registered
55 Posts
40500 miles in 3 1/2 years, still going as sweet as the day it came out of the showroom! Can't see any reason to replace it does 44.5 mpg. Apart from the headlight motor problems that beset all i10's from the 2010 era it has been utterly reliable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
40500 miles in 3 1/2 years, still going as sweet as the day it came out of the showroom! Can't see any reason to replace it does 44.5 mpg. Apart from the headlight motor problems that beset all i10's from the 2010 era it has been utterly reliable.
Reg 21-1-2010

11.449 miles

Best mpg 43.

Not great, but I really enjoy the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bought my i10 when it was 4 years old in July 2013. It had 5446 miles on the clock. Looks and drives like new. Very pleased with it. At the rate I use it it will take me another 4 years to reach 10,000 miles. My daughter says I should give it to her!

I'm pretty sure it was a mobility car first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brought my 2009 i10 (4 cyl. 1100CC) 10 days ago 85,000m on clock - ex driving instructors car.
£2600 full service history to date about 5000 miles out of sink he stretched the servicing a we bit. The price I paid is about £200 above trade buy in for the car with that mileage.
In that time it has had apart from normal service parts - front discs and pads replaced at 45494, rear pads at 79033 and a front ball joint at 85239.
The cam belt change at 60000 was neglected, just done it myself today £50 for a good quality kit, trade.
I put 6.6 gallons of fuel in - it was on empty when I brought it have done 390 miles that's 59mpg and still a bit left.
Stalling at first was cured by simple cable adjustment - its still the original clutch by the way.
If I had any complaints it will have no chance of giving me the 16 years I got from the Skoda I have passed on to a relation and I would think the first accident should I be unfortunate and have one would see a insurance company scraping the car - to much plastic.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brought my 2009 i10 (4 cyl. 1100CC) 10 days ago 85,000m on clock - ex driving instructors car.
£2600 full service history to date about 5000 miles out of sink he stretched the servicing a we bit. The price I paid is about £200 above trade buy in for the car with that mileage.
In that time it has had apart from normal service parts - front discs and pads replaced at 45494, rear pads at 79033 and a front ball joint at 85239.
The cam belt change at 60000 was neglected, just done it myself today £50 for a good quality kit, trade.
I put 6.6 gallons of fuel in - it was on empty when I brought it have done 390 miles that's 59mpg and still a bit left.
Stalling at first was cured by simple cable adjustment - its still the original clutch by the way.
If I had any complaints it will have no chance of giving me the 16 years I got from the Skoda I have passed on to a relation and I would think the first accident should I be unfortunate and have one would see a insurance company scraping the car - to much plastic.
85,000 miles, wow not bad!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just about to go for its 85,000 mile service at a fraction over 4.5 years old.

We've owned it from new (at the time, under the scrappage scheme, it was pretty much the cheapest new car on the UK market apart from its much lower-spec. cousin the Piccanto) and done a wide range of driving. Yes lots of urban, but also to the Loire and Dordogne and back, to the Mosel and back, and all around the Netherlands (with two bikes on the roof) and a long spell commuting between West Midlands and Greater Manchester.

It used to do 43+mpg, though that's now down to c. 41mpg (as an aside to this - fuel efficiency was absolutely no better with a more expensive premium fuel).

- The clutch appeared to be going at around 45,000 miles, but was adjusted and is still fine.
- The headlamp motors have chattered away to themselves since delivery and still do...
- 2no. warranty repairs: a small oil leak on the gear box and the A/C compressor.
- The front suspension sounds awful (has done for about 20,000 miles) and I'm sure will have to be replaced soon (I think I was told that this is a warranty item until 60,000 miles or something like that?)

Overall I've been hugely impressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
P.S. - It was the headlamp motors issue which brought me on to the site today. After reading other peoples' advice I've arranged to have it fixed at the service next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2010 classic 1.2 has done 26000miles and runs as sweet as when new, No headlight issues yet, best mod. has been fitting Goodyear Duragrip tyres which made an amazing difference to road noise. I plan on keeping it.
Graham+

·
Registered
27 Posts
My i10 Style is on a 2009 plate had it since new just this week gone over 8000 miles....had no problems with the car at all.....mind you had my new i10 on order since 8 Feb reckon the way delivery times are going it may hit 9000 before I get my new one.....lol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My 2010 classic 1.2 has done 26000miles and runs as sweet as when new, No headlight issues yet, best mod. has been fitting Goodyear Duragrip tyres which made an amazing difference to road noise. I plan on keeping it.
Graham+
Might invest in some of these next then! My car makes noise. Was thinking about getting wider wheels!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Car was registered September 2013. Now done 5900 miles in about eight months.

No probs to report, I keep it clean and it's a nice little car to drive. The economy is around 40-ish, although 90% is spent on the motorway with an average speed of around 50mph due to volume of traffic.

I still find the gearchange action a bit tricky to master, it could be me with a stilted left foot action, I have to put the pedal into the carpet fibres for a smooth change. There's always a light metallic click down by the pedal when it's released, even in neutral.
I'll have to swallow my pride and nip back to the dealer.

I have found the A/C is good and having four electric windows is a boon.

All the best,

R.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts