Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bought my 2011 in Feb 2012 and an at 118,000 miles. Second set of tires (about worn out and will change at 120,000 miles), original pads front and rear. Have had minimal problems.

I change my oil (synthetic) every 5,000 miles and buy my tires at Discount Tire and have them rotated every 5,000 miles.

I bought a set of front and rear pads at 100,000 miles to do a replacement but both front and rear had over 1/2 the pad left. I'll change them at 150,000 miles.

I love the car still. It is a hybrid premium with most of the trimmings available back then (Nav, sunroof, premium radio, etc.).

I'm averaging 35 mpg over the life of the car and have been very pleased with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
120,000 miles...3 years steady as of this past March. Hoping I don’t jinx myself but I’ve had zero issues so far - besides recalls...except for the steering wheel recall (popping, knocking, etc.) which continues to be a daily PAIN IN THE ASS for me!!!! Hyundai refuses to pay bc the service period has expired even though a whole year earlier I came in to have the same recall fixed and got TURNED AWAY by the technician bc my steering wheel wasn’t knocking and popping loudly “bad enough” to have it fixed and so I was told to come back when it sounded terrible as it does now with knocking sound!!!!! 🤷‍♀️😩

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
120,000 miles...3 years steady as of this past March. Hoping I don’t jinx myself but I’ve had zero issues so far - besides recalls...except for the steering wheel recall (popping, knocking, etc.) which continues to be a daily PAIN IN THE ASS for me!!!! Hyundai refuses to pay bc the service period has expired even though a whole year earlier I came in to have the same recall fixed and got TURNED AWAY by the technician bc my steering wheel wasn’t knocking and popping loudly “bad enough” to have it fixed and so I was told to come back when it sounded terrible as it does now with knocking sound!!!!! 🤷‍♀️😩
Any chance you called corporate to see if they would work with you on this, especially since you had brought it in for the symptom a year prior?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks vinnyg for your reply....I am honestly a little embarrassed now that you’ve asked me about calling corporate because I didn’t do that!! I just took the dealership techs word when he said it was over the ext warranty period for the recall. I’m so frustrated bc I can’t fork over the money to have it fixed right now. And having to deal with the steering the way it is which continues to get worse where as when it first starting it was only at 60-70 mph and only for a couple of seconds...now it’s nonstop racket!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
No need to be embarrassed, maybe give them a call and explain that you brought it in for the exact symptom as outlined in the bulletin (hopefully you have the dealer work order saved) and that it wasn't repaired at the time, but it definitely is the same issue and has gotten even worse and that you would like it fixed under the warranty. You have nothing to lose...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

I would like to make a new thread that lets others get an idea of how many miles you have on your HSH! I have only 9800. How many do you have??

When i was more active on another forum for my jeep as an example, this was a thread that always drew a lot of activity with people always updating their counts. It was neat to see from time to time how far they could go. who has the most miles on their jeep - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

So how about it... what does your clock show?
My 2014 HSH limited just went over 42K

·
Registered
456 Posts
Curious on why so few miles and use for a car that is designed to return high efficiency and needs to be driven to achieve ROI?
I don't know about the poster however I stopped working four months ago. I've only put about 2,000 miles on my car since then and there were a couple of 8-hour trips in there. Otherwise it would have been half that. So my annual driving mileage dropped from 15,000 to about 3,000. I knew that was going to happen and I wanted a newer car as I entered the Happy Zone.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts