Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just made it 250,000 miles last week on my 2006 GLS V6. I haven't done a tune up yet and she still runs smoothe. Replaced starter recently. Used Mobil1 Synthetic only and Lucas oil treatment. Shocks, brakes, front upper and lower arms, right front Axel and coils have been replaced.
Only problem white paint peeling.

Great car!!

RAS

·
Registered
40 Posts
126000 on a 2006 LX V6. Original Owner. Mostly do my own work. Only thing besides routine maintenance is changed valve cover gasket and started changing all my suspension components because of wear. Change oil every 3K miles use regular pennzoil. Oh also had a steering gear pressure hose start to leak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Original Owner

157614 miles, Sonata LX 3.3V6

Been a great car and saved my hide several times, amazing traction control.
Transmission under warranty for a check engine light at 74K
Just has my mechanic do a 150K service (head gasket/sparks) he even steam cleaned the engine.

I'm just getting to the point of passing it down to my son IF I can find a better car, so far this is 7K miles beyond when I sold my Mustang 5.0 LX. I drive 80 miles four days a week.. use Mobile 1 5w20 and filter.

Paint good still (garaged) use Klasse AIO

I actually bought the very first V6 in San Diego! At lunch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Might as well ask now what is an NF is that a specific model number what exactly does that anacronym or abbreviation mean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a sonata with 150k, or 200k+ miles on it yet? I'm looking to buy an 06 sonata 4 cylinder, it's got 160k miles on it, and if I get it, I want to know if I should worry about replacing the transmission soon, or the motor, since it's got so many miles on it. I drove it and it seems pretty solid, but I've never had a Hyundai so I don't know how many miles you could get out of one.
We have a 2006 Sonata V6 with 216,000 and completely original engine and transmission. The only works it’s needed is new struts/shocks and brake pads. This thing is a sleeper!

·
Registered
51 Posts
2006 3.3l sonata with 222k on the clock. Engine was fully rebuilt at 80k due to a engine bearing shattering; updated tensioners were installed at the time; valve cover gaskets, harmonic balancer, and belt tensioner replaced between 140-190k, trans DnF every 30-50k, oil change every 5-7k, fully rebuilt front suspension

Runs like a clock aside from no power steering atm. Body has started to rust around rear fenders badly the past two years

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have a sonata with 150k, or 200k+ miles on it yet? I'm looking to buy an 06 sonata 4 cylinder, it's got 160k miles on it, and if I get it, I want to know if I should worry about replacing the transmission soon, or the motor, since it's got so many miles on it. I drove it and it seems pretty solid, but I've never had a Hyundai so I don't know how many miles you could get out of one.
I’m a UBER driver, so far i have 203918 miles on my 2017 Hyundai Sonata.
Running like brand new!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
As of this morning, I have just under 207,000 miles on my '06 Sonata 2.4L. It's my daily driver (125 miles round trip each day) and I expect to be driving it for a long time yet. Other than body work after hitting a deer - and two months later more body work after having another deer run into the side of me - I haven't had to do any significant mechanical repairs to the car. I haven't had to do anything other than routine maintenance to either the engine or drivetrain. In fact, besides the deer repairs the only non-routine maintenance I can recall is having to replace a switch for the manual shifting mode, which stopped working. The switch wasn't in the transmission, but near the bottom of the shifter itself. Simple repair, but it cost a couple hundred bucks to have done. This car has definitely given me much bang for the buck. I'm still getting 30mpg city/hwy combined, and 31-32 highway depending on how much lead is in my foot. I use synthetic oil and Napa Gold filters. I change the oil every 5,000 miles.

BTW, mine just became a 4-Hyundai family. My oldest son has (my old) 2001 Elantra with nearly 180,000 miles on it, my youngest son has a 2004 Elantra with around 65,000 miles on it, I have my Sonata, and my wife is the proud owner of a 2011 Santa Fe Limited we bought less than a month ago. For me Hyundais are incredibly reliable and economical. As long as they stay that way I will be buying Hyundais for a long time.
How many miles on it now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a used 2013 Hyundai Sonata with 210,912 and I've driven mines to Florida and Texas. No car is perfect and it's always a got or miss with used cars or any car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in Houston, Texas and I have a 2010 Sonata that had 175,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it in January 2016. It now has 183,000 miles on it (January 2020). No major issues with it, though the shop I have taken it to simply for oil changes continuously tells me that the passenger's side outer CV joint is torn and needs to be replaced, the front main seal needs to be replaced, and has some oil leaks, yet there are no drips under my car. I ignore them. I have been working on car since I was 16 (when all cars leaked oil all over the place both old and new) and that is for 53 years. They don't know what an oil leak really is or they are looking for work. They have been telling me this for three years. I have checked it and it is not torn in any way and my car is not leaking oil from any where. I am going to find a new place this week and I am going to go online to tell others to avoid this other place. The only issue I have is the TPMS light is on all the time and even came on again after getting the system calibrated to the units in the tires and spare. All the units are new (well about a year old with new tires and alloy wheels). None of the tires has ever been a few psi below 32, so I cannot figure out why the system doesn't work. It would be nice if I could disable it permanently.
I replaced the front shocks and spring assembly last spring, so about a year ago. One shock was beginning to loose oil so I simply replaced the entire spring-shock assembly. This is much easier than disassembling the units. It took about an hour and I paid someone $60 to do it. If you shop around you can find the assembly for about $100 for the pair. I got them from an outfit in California that gets them from Korea. These had a Hyundai parts sticker under the generic label.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just made it 250,000 miles last week on my 2006 GLS V6. I haven't done a tune up yet and she still runs smoothe. Replaced starter recently. Used Mobil1 Synthetic only and Lucas oil treatment. Shocks, brakes, front upper and lower arms, right front Axel and coils have been replaced.
Only problem white paint peeling.

Great car!!

RAS
These cars really don't need a tuneup like in the 1970s. There is practically nothing to tuneup. The only thing you might need are new spark plug wires and spark plugs at 100,000 miles; maybe a set of new fuel injectors would give better mileage--can find them on eBay. The other thing owners need to do is keep the headlight cover clear. Look on YouTube for info. If you have the owner's manual look in it for information about adjusting the headlights.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts