Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think its too early to ask how many have this kind of mielage on there elantras or Lantras. When did the first one come out and when did they switch to the 2 liter? 8 to 10 years ago? But i will tell you if you maintain ,like others are recomending. These cars are going to last. I say this because i believe these cars are well enginered. If my privious car a Suzuki Swift 1.3 liter engine can take 250 000 km and still run well.(well maintained) The 1.8 liter and 2 liter Hyundai engines will do alot better. Hey ,and they have way more kick.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Still looking for more ansewrs.

Hi there,

I am a new Hyundai owner, but thought You may be interested in following:

I had a '85 Nissan Cherry for 14 years. When I exchanged it with my new Hyundai Accent, it had 325.000 km on odometer (equals 202.000 miles, 1miles = 1,609km).

Generally, engines are designed to do 300.000 km (Otto engines) and 500.000 km (Diesel engines) WITHOUT renewing. After renewal (also called General Repair, exchanging most of miving/rotating parts) it can of course continue running. I met once a taxi driver in Munich who had 700.000 km on his VW Passat. Some mercedes diesel engines run up to 1.000.000 kms. :)

Finally a tip: Most important is as mentioned by Youand others Oil Exchange, but also on which Rotation/Minute (RPM) Your drive! The physical load on mechanical parts grows exponencially by RPM. So if you double the rotation the engine parts are loaded with 4x (quarded) power.

So running the engine in economical RPM like 2000-4000 will prolong the life of Your engine.

Kind wishes from Europe, Atti

·
Registered
46 Posts
430,578 miles on my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT. I cleaned up the surface rust and touched up the paint. It is my son's daily driver and we plan on keeping it until it has over 500,000 miles on it. I bought the Elantra GT back in 2007 when it had 91,000 miles on it and I immediately switched it over to Amsoil. I use Amsoil Signature series synthetic in the engine in the 10W/30 weight and I change it every 10,000 miles. I also do drain and flush on the transmission with Amsoil ATF transmission fluid about every 60,000 miles and both the engine an transmission are original to the car and have never been rebuilt. It still runs very well and my son has taken it on trips to Canada and Wisconsin and Iowa. Back in 2013, we went to Yellowstone in it and Glacier national park. In 2014 my wife and son went to Toronto in it and the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. The car is the energizer bunny and it just keeps on running great.

2003 elantra 1.jpg
2003 elantra 1.jpg
20190718_235556_resized.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah .... that whole lubrication-filtration thing is a gimmick anyway!!! :whistling:
Amsoil 10W/30 Signature series and ATF in the transmission since 2007 and 430,578 miles as of tonight. I use Amsoil EA filters which have a synthetic media and EA filters remove much smaller dirt particles up to 10 times better than the cheap oil filters

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts