Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you buy it off the lot or have to wait for the color and options you wanted? If so how long?

We (thought) we purchased a Tucson last week (Friday) we signed documents and everything (with a VIN number). Originally they told us it was coming straight from the port and we latter discovered that it was a dealer trade. They said that because of the holiday weekend the soonest they could get it to us was Monday. We showed up Monday afternoon (after several non returned calls) and no Tucson. They said they couldn't get a hold of anybody and to check in the next day (Tuesday). Tuesday we called several times and finally got a call back that the car had been sold to someone else (by the other dealer).

So... now they are trying to find us another Tucson. We even gave them more color options than what we really wanted because we sold our other car over the weekend and we're kind of desperate. It's been 3 days now and no word. Any idea how long this might take?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I ordered my Tucson on February 22 and had to wait until April 2 to get it. So I would 6 or 7 weeks. I wanted Blue Limited AWD with the preferred package. They could not get me a Blue, so my second choice was white. It was being delivered from Korea. It was worth the wait! I know the feeling, I was told several times that my car came in but they were waiting for the paperwork to arrive (which took an additional week). But it all worked out. Hang in there.

·
1,914 Posts
I just started my search. I work at a hyundai dealer and we have a chai bronze with taupe, but I want black. Other dealers in the area have it, but I don't want someone else driving my new car. I'll just wait until we receive one. I guess you could say I'm in week one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We didn't want anything on the lot and had them find what we wanted.

We ordered on Friday, May 21. It arrived at the dealer on Wednesday, May 26. I didn't get to pick it up until Friday, May 28th though, because we were financing ourselves through the bank and couldn't match schedules to go sign until then. It was torture knowing it was sitting at the dealer waiting and I was still driving my junker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my the next day. Went in the dealer on Saturday test drive the GLS and bought the Limited AWD with premium package along with options like EC mirror w/Homelink & compass. My only requirement was no Kiwi Green and the only 1 available in California was Aurora Blue and I took it for US$28K.
I have to say I am impress with Tucson 2010, even though there are details work which I think Hyundai should be paying attention but overall is an excellent car. I drove to the hill and no lack of power, I am just a bit overwhelm with the GPS/CD/Radio features, luckily the salesman was nice enough to program my Blue tooth phone ...
My first car Toyota Camry lasted 10 year followed by Honda Odyssey for 11 years and now Hyundai ... I hope it lives long and prosper :grin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
order my black on black Tucson Limited with Nav last thursday and i received it today :banana: :thumbsup: :gitara:

only one week

·
Registered
49 Posts
About two weeks, this was in mid-March. We wanted a white one with Saddle interior, which is not easy to find, but well worth it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (Calde @ Jul 1 2010, 09:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337958
My Signature says IX owner because I am, but actually still waiting.

they told me 4 to 5 weeks until I can have it :w00t:
My car was ordered with a March 2010 manufacturing slot at their Slovakia factory, mid May delivery to me in the UK.

It is a 4WD version which is available for the European market.

I am now being told manufacture will be July with August delivery to the UK if I am lucky.

From what I can gather, no 4WD versions have been shipped to the UK yet.

Obviously US models are manufactured in the USA, do the Australian models come from Korea?

Reason for production delay given as shortage of parts (4WD) to a massive back order, but still no sighting of a 4WD model in the UK, so my bet it is a supply problem not just a back order problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought that US models are made in Korea? The US factory only makes Santa Fes and Sonatas.

Anyway, we bought ours off of the lot so we had no wait.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I forgot the exact date but I am waiting since around begining of March for my car. I am looking for the base model w/o options. Dealer has me in a 2010 Sonata for free, and I have yet to sign any paperwork.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Calde @ Jul 1 2010, 03:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337958
My Signature says IX owner because I am, but actually still waiting.

they told me 4 to 5 weeks until I can have it :w00t:
Well Folks after waiting for a month, went back to the dealer and was told that there was no tucson yet for me, had to wait an estimate of 8 more weeks with no promises (total of 3 months) to hopefully get the car. cant wait that long, got my money back, went to the Kia Dealer and got the 2011 Kia Sportage. really pleased with the car, very similar to the tucson but a better look in my opinion.

so no tucson for me, Hope you all enjoy yours :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
2 months from getting it all approved with the finance company to date of delivery. All up it was 3 months without a car though, thanks to the Hail storm which wrote my old Ford off in March this year :/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts