Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have picked up from some folks here that they have had their car's VIN numbers weeks before it was delivered. My dealer can only give me the VIN number the day that the car is delivered at his dealership. The same for tracking the cars production and delivery process. I have seen some comments on here where guys have stated that the car that they have ordered is being produced on such and such a date where as my dealer cannot give me any of that kind of info. :wallbash: What info is available to a dealer and when?

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is how it was explained to me:

Dealers get notification of an allocation of vehicles. Mine was part of an allocation of 60 Sonatas. Once the cars were allocated, they had access to all the VINs, colors, option packages, etc.

These cars then become trackable in their inventory computer. However, they are tracked with code letters that may only mean something to the corporate office, and the salespeople aren't trained on what they all mean. 'DS' means "dealer stock," and that the arrival of the car at the lot has happened or should be imminent.

However, every code other than 'DS' is like Greek to them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Mine was allocated to the dealer on 3/23 or 3/24.
Built on 3/10. Received at the dealer on 4/9, so I'd estimate about 3 weeks from allocation. They get the VIN when the car is allocated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.