Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm currently considering upgrading from an 2004 Honda CR-V to the new Santa Fe Sport.

The SFS represents a huge upgrade obviously in terms of about any feature or specification. However, I feel like the cargo space behind the rear seats may be smaller in the SFS. In part because of the sloping roofline, I think I will be able to fit less stuff than I could with the CR-V.

Despite it's boxy shape, the CR-V was great for our trips to Home Depot, the gardening centers and travelling with kids strollers and luggage.

What has been your experience with cargo space in the SFS?

Thx for your input!

K

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had no issues. Coming from a 2010 CR-V (which got written off) I can say that the cargo area in the SFS worked better for us. Just after I got it we went to the local Lowes to look at something and ended up walking out with a new bathroom - the wife and one of the Lowes people managed to get everything in the back without a problem! If we still had the CR-V, I don't know if that would have been possible. I think it has to do with the seats - the roll-forward ones in the CR-V worked, but if they were stowed the floor was uneven and there were the metal brackets that they clipped in to.

We're happy with the SFS - so far, I haven't found any major issues!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Better then my 2005 Grand Cherokee! I wouldn't have thought so, but there is a lower floor in the SFS giving it more room, and some items like golf clubs fit in nicer from side to side verses the Jeep. Also, just yesterday I had an apartment sized fridge in there, only took up 2/3 of the width, and fit in with the hatch closed, easily!

·
Registered
120 Posts
For my first real trip with the SFS, I packed enough for 4 people and 2 dogs for a week at a cottage, including food, water, clothing beach toys, and lots of beer.

We had 2 full sized coolers, 2 large totes (one for dry food, one for clothes), 48 beer, duffell bags and backpacks, as well as 3 full sized adults, a kid in a car seat, a golden retriever and a jack russell.

I have never found space to be a real issue with this vehicle :) There is certainly more room than in my Mazda3 Sport, and still more room again than my 05 Escape.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I came from the 2007 Santa Fe and was concerned when the specs showed less cargo room. After living with it for 5 months I can say I've notice zero difference! We constantly seem to be moving stuff and continue to be amazed how the car swallows up everything we can put in it.
Friends of ours have a 2013 Ford Escape and there is no comparison in the cargo space - the Escape cargo room seems miniscule in comparison.

·
Registered
413 Posts
For my first real trip with the SFS, I packed enough for 4 people and 2 dogs for a week at a cottage, including food, water, clothing beach toys, and lots of beer.

We had 2 full sized coolers, 2 large totes (one for dry food, one for clothes), 48 beer, duffell bags and backpacks, as well as 3 full sized adults, a kid in a car seat, a golden retriever and a jack russell.

I have never found space to be a real issue with this vehicle :) There is certainly more room than in my Mazda3 Sport, and still more room again than my 05 Escape.
LOL that sounds like you filled up a bus not my santé fe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts