Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Came to dealer where I bought the car on Saturday (1hr drive) and was told to come during weekdays for warranty claims. Why set up an appointment?

Local dealer's collision department adjusted the panel by "reinstalling" it (if I understood correctly). All good now, hopefully won't reappear.

Took a look at few more new cars, all have cargo trim "feature", many have misaligned door panels, e.g. the showroom SEL

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Adv Vantage...

Thanks for the feedback... So how snug is the cargo trim now?.. Not what I want you too.. but if if you tried to see how snug the trim is not at the point it meets the headliner, and you applied a bit of pulling pressure, can you pull it away from the headliner?

Thanks

As a side note, like you, I have been keeping an eye out fro other 2019 SantaFe as I picked up some parts recently from Hyundai, and have come across about 75% of them have the same gap like ours in various degrees..

regards

Came to dealer where I bought the car on Saturday (1hr drive) and was told to come during weekdays for warranty claims. Why set up an appointment?

Local dealer's collision department adjusted the panel by "reinstalling" it (if I understood correctly). All good now, hopefully won't reappear.

Took a look at few more new cars, all have cargo trim "feature", many have misaligned door panels, e.g. the showroom SEL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I should've been clearer, dealership adjusted door panels but did nothing to the cargo trims, they said all pistons are in place, looked at other Santa Fes and concluded that this might be a design flaw, which is a good candidate to file a complaint for.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Adv Vantage - Did the dealership fix that creaky door handle that you posted in the video above? Wonder if they can even do anything to fix that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Adv Vantage - Did the dealership fix that creaky door handle that you posted in the video above? Wonder if they can even do anything to fix that.
I haven't shown them yet, although the creaking became more apparent. Will probably wait till first service visit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have every build quality issue shown here. Plus some. Car is on the second transmission and this transmission is jerking like most others here. Ugh

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2.0T Ultimate now has 2000ish km and I have not found any build issues at all. I've owned vehicles from Honda, Acura, Toyota, Nissan and Infiniti, and I think my SF is probably the only vehicle I've had that has been issue-free after the first couple of months.

The only thing that bothers me so far is the ridiculous "severe" driving maintenance schedule that Hyundai lump their Canadian customers into, requiring unreasonably frequent and costly oil changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Also a door handle started creaking:

Does this only occur when you grab that area with your hand to open/shut the door? My 2018 Ford F150 Lariat has a trim piece on the grab handle that my left knee naturally rest against, and the slight pressure from my knee sends that trim piece into a squeeking/creaking fit...however, if my knee isn't resting against this handle, there is no noise at all even over bumps.... this F150 is the quietest ride I have ever owned.... no general rattles over bumps, almost no road noise, and super smooth ride... it's uncanny actually.

Looking at getting a Hyundai SF this fall most likely for my wife.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would say my build quality is excellent.... no complaints thus far. 2019 purchased end of July 2019. About 1600 miles on it.... 2.0T Ultimate.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
449 Posts
A lot of the trims can be better imo. If you check them out closely, there is free play at the end, not perfectly aligned, inconsistency between left and right sides. The common ones are the left and right top cargo trim (u can even see it in many of the YouTube videos lol), weak rear right bumper bottom, gas door alignment.

Granted, some people are into details, or inherited from the job, those can identify a lot of build quality issues lol. I don't know if Lexus/Toyota, MB, BMW are any better.

I am dropping mine off this week to fix the gap on the vertical trim bar next to the right side mirror and the trim coming off in the same area inside, see what they can do on the infamous left cargo trim, mention about the gas door off by 1mm. Update software and map if available.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
342 Posts
My complaint is creaking. The pano sunroof, and the cover rattle and creak. The rear leather seats also rub together when no one is riding in them making a creaking sound. All of this is just rubbing of parts together; I know that there's nothing. Just annoying.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts