Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a i10, and have two bars showing on my petrol gauge, how far can I safely go with this, I would like to do 15 miles, mainly steady driving, do you think I will be safe,

·
Registered
26 Posts
As a new owner of the same type car, I too would be interested in any opinions on this subject.

I have not yet had a full tank, so not sure how many bars 35 ltrs gives, and if there is a linear relationship with the bars so a reasonable calculation could be made for instance approximate miles per bar.

Regards mahler.

·
Registered
88 Posts
12 bars 3 liters per bar approximately although i do believe that for "safety" reasons maybe last bar holds up to 5 liters of fuel.do not forget that this is an internal type returnless fuel system so the pump needs sufficient quantity of fuel to exist inside the tank in order too cool down from operation properly and efficiently.my advice is that if you can,refill before last bar remains (which will also activate the warning light of low fuel level at your dash).cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, am going out tonight with 2 bars showing and will fill up, will let you know the mileage I do before filling up, should be about 14/15 miles,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Left home with 2 bars showing, went just over 12 miles and a bar went out and the warning light came on, did another 2 miles and filled up with 29.8 liters, that was till the pump click and gave it another 2 little squeezes,
so if tank holds 35 liters I still have approx 6 liters, not far off a gallon,

still a bit scary running that low, will not do it again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
still a bit scary running that low, will not do it again.
Want to read something scariest? when i purchased mine from the dealer the warning light was on and the last bar was flashing! It took me to the gas station just fine but it wasn't a pleasant experience i would say..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts