Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have no real reason to take it off just wondering. Unless I'm blind I see no bolts and don't really wanna just reef on it....too much. I included a pic of cover just to be clear what part I mean, sorry for pic quality, cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just for the heck of it, I tried that "just pull it off" deal. Wouldn't budge. Pulled hard enough that one edge began to discolor. Must be more to it than just pulling it? Was getting dark and didn't try to look under it for bolts or what ever.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Just for the heck of it, I tried that "just pull it off" deal. Wouldn't budge. Pulled hard enough that one edge began to discolor. Must be more to it than just pulling it? Was getting dark and didn't try to look under it for bolts or what ever.
Sound funny but turn the car on let it run for a few then pull off. Should come off very easy then. My sonata needs to be ran a bit then the cover comes off very easy. Happens sometimes. Then other times just comes off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You pull hard, if its not coming off pull harder. You wont break it

·
2,258 Posts
they are usually just a "pry off" covers. they are held on by these ball style studs which are screwed into the valve covers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. My guess is it would pry off a tad easier when the engine is warm. The plastics more pliable. Would really suck to break it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Put some silicone lube (grease) on the rubber grommet on the cover so it pop off the ball easier

·
Registered
263 Posts
You need to cluck like a chicken and flap your arms to release the latches. Once that's done, it will come off easily.

·
22,788 Posts
Wow that's what I do when...... Nevermind
Hahahahaha!!! I'm glad I didn't ask a question about ball bearings!!!
You need to cluck like a chicken and flap your arms to release the latches. Once that's done, it will come off easily.
Sound advice every man should know lol:D
Tell you something, fellas: people will pay good money to gain admission to comedy clubs and not get entertainment this good! LMAO :laughing:

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Since your car is upside down, all you need to do is hang on to that sucker and let your weight do the trick :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts