Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer want's $100 to do a wheel alignment. Thought that was good - lube shops want $125!

New tires, all new suspension; this thing tracks so straight you be playing Angry Birds going down the highway!!

So I didn't see anything to adjust for camber and if it tracks this good am I going to give them $100?? What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
When you see abnormal tire wear or if you have hit something very hard in the front. If mine was tracking good and does not dog track I'd skip it. Is the steering wheel straight?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, The wheel is straight and tracks dead straight, wheel self-centres as it should. I'm sure the track/tow-in must be correct and I don't see what else is adjustable.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Wheel should be straight but alignment could be good and wheel still off (after alignment) if they failed to do the wheel as part of the procedure. Had that happen, wheel just off center.

Basically, tire wear is abnormal or you try to find a level road and let go of the wheel, it should not pull quickly in either direction, should go straight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts