Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I got my Elantra, I was a hatchback/SUV driver for years. I've become accustomed to having a rear windshield wiper. Because of my OCD, the rain on my rear window drives me insane! LOL! I was just wondering how you guys and gals keep your rear window clear?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Before I got my Elantra, I was a hatchback/SUV driver for years. I've become accustomed to having a rear windshield wiper. Because of my OCD, the rain on my rear window drives me insane! LOL! I was just wondering how you guys and gals keep your rear window clear?
Rain X lasts about 3 -4 months.
Get over it as well, stress kills.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Having come from a van and two SUVs prior, I feared the same rear wiper withdrawal that you're experiencing. However rain droplets rarely accumulate on my rear window so long as I'm moving. I find that at freeway speeds, even in heavy rain, the air moving over the car is enough to keep 90% of the rear window clear of moisture. But honestly, I'll echo what the other two say and try not to let it bother you. :)

Now keeping the rear view camera dry in the wet? That's a whole 'nother ball game. :dry:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ditto to Lovemysantafe. Except I don't have a rear view camera, yet...

·
6,836 Posts
Now keeping the rear view camera dry in the wet? That's a whole 'nother ball game. :dry:
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

I need an eensy-weensy little wiper to clear off the camera. :D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have Showroom Shine applied to the entire car including all of the exterior glass surfaces.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Wax the rear glass. Not a cure like a genuine windscreen wiper, but makes a big difference .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts