Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys,

I've got a lantra where only one of the doors actually locks automatically via the remote key (the passenger side) and no other doors are affected when pressing the remote key. I just want to fix the driver side door so this opens as well remotely (don't care about the back two doors as not used much).

All doors can be manually opened by the key / from the inside. The immobiliser is linked to the one door opening on the passenger side. It works fine.

Is a part burnt out? If so, what? How to replace?

Thanks a million guys!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hello ph

The interior setup of the Lantra doors don't really lend themselves to easy remote controlling. The angles are all out of whack for easy door motor operation.

As a result any slight misalignment or wearing of the mechanism can cause terminal failure quite easily.

If you're a bit handy, what you can do is buy yourself a set of door motors of eBay or Stratthfield or equivalent and dedicate some time EARLY one weekend (NOT Sunday arvo) to pulling the door panels off and seeing what happens when you hit the remote button.

You may find just a lot of slack brought about by wear which you can adjust or shagged motors which you can change out with your brand newies.

Make sure that they are adjusted spot on and all tight otherwise you'll just repeat the challenges.

Ensure that there is only one master door motor fitted and that it is on the driver door.

If you're not handy, then have an alarm fitter check them out or buy a handy mate a slab....

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reply above helped me as I had a similar problem, so some more tips if someone else has a J2 Lantra and needs to fix the central locking...if its likely to be the door actuators than have died.

I needed to:
- Check one of the doors by removing all the screws holding the door trim, manual window crank with an old towel (check out youtube) and then jiggling out the door trim (make sure window is wound up). Then you'll need to peel back the plastic weathershield layer - watch out for the black glue/grease on the door. Check out what component you've got fitted....I had an aftermarket door actuator. When you are unscrewing the door, I labelled all the screws (well kept them in order) so I knew which went where...easy to put back then

- Put you door back together or use another car to go to an auto retailer (Super cheap, repco, whatever) and get a central locking kit or try ebay. I picked up a four door kit for 39 bucks from Repco. The front two door actuators have 5 wires, back two have two wires to wire in.

- Unplug the old actuator. Fit the new one. They come with an installation kit so its pretty easy to fit on the car. The installation kit is the actuators, some fixings for your car and some straight rods that can be used to ensure your actuator can be attached to the door lock mechanism. You might need to bend the rod in the installation kit if the actuator cannot reach the door locking mechanism. I just did that with some needle nose pliers to make sure everything fitted ok. You might need to drill a hole - I was ok and had holes to fit it to.

- Test it before putting everything back together. Make sure its locking and unlocking with the remote - and correctly.

- Peel the weather protector back on. Fit the trim back. Screw back in. Crank back on etc. Retest again. All done.

- Took about 1.5 hours for the first door and then 1 hour per door. Repaired 3 doors (1 x front, 2 x back). Someone more experienced could have done it a lot quicker I reckon

Good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts