Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post here. Picking up a 2013 Santa Fe on Thursday and I'm intrigued as to how everyone uses the multi box on the top of the dash (except of course, those that have a centre speaker in that location)?

I've read the manual (posted elsewhere on this board) and it specifically says not use have it open when driving. I can't recall how much it blocks the driver's view but thought it might be a decent location for a GPS unit, attached to the underside of the door so that it's facing out when opened. It would then be hidden when closed.

Bad idea? Any other good uses?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I keep my tollway transponder in there. I prefer this to having it mounted on the windshield. It operates fine in this location.

·
Registered
169 Posts
earbuds for my iphone, thats about it. I dont leave much in my car. I've had break ins before and I travel pretty light

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all,

First post here. Picking up a 2013 Santa Fe on Thursday and I'm intrigued as to how everyone uses the multi box on the top of the dash (except of course, those that have a centre speaker in that location)?

I've read the manual (posted elsewhere on this board) and it specifically says not use have it open when driving. I can't recall how much it blocks the driver's view but thought it might be a decent location for a GPS unit, attached to the underside of the door so that it's facing out when opened. It would then be hidden when closed.

Bad idea? Any other good uses?
I put my GPS there when driving, I used some velcro to attach it, perfect height to display the GPS.

·
Banned
532 Posts
I keep my tollway transponder in there. I prefer this to having it mounted on the windshield. It operates fine in this location.
I-Pass I take it, excellent idea. Did you mount it face up to the door or just let it lay there?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I-Pass I take it, excellent idea. Did you mount it face up to the door or just let it lay there?
You're correct, it's an I-Pass. In a former vehicle, I would set it on the dashboard when traveling to states that had tolls (Wisconsin doesn't, not yet anyway). To get it to stay put, I bought some stick on rubber feet, and stuck them on each corner of the bottom.

Now that I have my SF, I just leave it in there, sitting on the bottom. It doesn't bang around or rattle.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any pics please? Thanks

Strip of velcro on the top to hold it on the lid and this is where I pivot it when i store it away. A strip of velcor on the bottom of the gps to hold in place nicely. My garmin is a 5" size.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Strip of velcro on the top to hold it on the lid and this is where I pivot it when i store it away. A strip of velcor on the bottom of the gps to hold in place nicely. My garmin is a 5" size.
Navi system ~$150 instead of ~3k! smart move, sir :D

oh....I keep my empty. There is enough storage under the arm rest, all "junk" is in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power supply

I'm keen to put my sat nav/gps in there too, however I'd really like to pass a power supply up there, does anyone know if it's possible? I've tried unscrewing the 2 screws to see if I can get under it but no joy...

·
Registered
544 Posts
It is hard to pop out the first time due to the fasteners. A trim removal tool works best from the side but a taped over screwdriver will work as well with a higher risk of damage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts