Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently acquired an '09 GLS fully optioned - so far I really like the car. I'm curious - does anyone know how to reset the trip odometer ONLY? I notice that each time I reset the trip odometer, the mpg calculator resets itself as well. Is this operator error or poor programming on the part of Hyundai? Thanks

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Inman Lanier @ Oct 5 2009, 08:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=268604
I've recently acquired an '09 GLS fully optioned - so far I really like the car. I'm curious - does anyone know how to reset the trip odometer ONLY? I notice that each time I reset the trip odometer, the mpg calculator resets itself as well. Is this operator error or poor programming on the part of Hyundai? Thanks
Unless something changed for 2009, each feature is reset individually (at least on my 2006 model, it is). Simply scroll through to the option you want to reset and hold RESET for a few seconds. When I reset the trip odo (weekly at every fill-up), the Avg. MPG, Elapsed Time and Avg. MPH do not reset. If I want all four features reset, I have to scroll and hold RESET four times.

Unless this was a feature change on the part of Hyundai, I'd take it to the dealer and see what they can do (likely not much, but it's worth a shot).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YUP, gents - read the book, etc. etc. On my car, resetting the trip odometer also resets the mpg measure. I'll check again to make sure - but I've done it twice, hence the reason for the post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (LarryW @ Oct 10 2009, 05:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=269879
You do realize that the MPG resets automatically whenever you fill the tank (any amount over 2 gal).
Is this a new feature on the 09? MPG? It does not seem to reset on my 08 at a fill up, it only resets if I push
the reset button. Personally, I'd rather it not reset automatically; if I'm taking a long trip, I want to see the
fuel mileage for the whole trip, not just each tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2009 Sonata Owners Manual page 60 "Average Fuel Consumption (MPG)"

4th bullet: ".... If the fuel is refilled more than 1.36 gallons (6 liters), it will be reset automatically."

I also wish it did not reset automatically.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (LarryW @ Oct 11 2009, 08:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=269963

4th bullet: ".... If the fuel is refilled more than 1.36 gallons (6 liters), it will be reset automatically."

You seem to be correct in this. Thanks, and from Inman too!
[attachment=14719:average.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to install the Trip Computer on the base model if it didn't have it already? I have an 09 GLS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE (LarryW @ Oct 11 2009, 08:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=269963

Yeah, that's a non-feature, in my opinion. It seems silly for it to reset automatically.
I can understand the "miles to empty" resetting at fill up, that makes sense, but not
the average MPG.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on the other side, I am actually quite surprised that it does this on its own. I like calculating per tank MPG and this way I don't have to remember to reset it each time.

On a side note, are you finding the trip computer calculation (MPG) to be accurate?

-Ricky

1 - 15 of 15 Posts