Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get to the wires but cant do it looking through the small hole for the fuse box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
before it gets too dark outside... anyone?

i feel like this should be really simple but i cant figure it out

·
Registered
547 Posts
Check out the file I posted. I know its for the homelink mirror but it has instructions for the removal of the panel I think you're trying to remove.

And if your on the east coast, I feel your pain. It gets dark so early now and daylight savings time hasn't even occured :(

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out the file I posted. I know its for the homelink mirror but it has instructions for the removal of the panel I think you're trying to remove.

And if your on the east coast, I feel your pain. It gets dark so early now and daylight savings time hasn't even occured :(
perfect, thanks :D

it went from 60's yesterday to flurries today, too cold now to do this now so ill do it tomorrow :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
perfect, thanks :D

it went from 60's yesterday to flurries today, too cold now to do this now so ill do it tomorrow :D
glad it helped! Yeah, it's crazy weather. Fall hit us real quick. But I do enjoy this season.

BTW, are you installing the LED interior lighting? If so, let me know how it goes. I'm still putting off but I know I want to do it lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad it helped! Yeah, it's crazy weather. Fall hit us real quick. But I do enjoy this season.

BTW, are you installing the LED interior lighting? If so, let me know how it goes. I'm still putting off but I know I want to do it lol
yeah i am, im waiting for a few parts from china though so hopefully they come soon

those instructions are confusing, how do you push outward?

·
Registered
279 Posts
If your going to start taking panels off you need something like this. But it isn't necessary to do all that to install these interior lights.

Professional Trim Tool Set

·
Registered
808 Posts

Thanks for uploading the instructions, very interesting reading!

·
22,793 Posts
Start by removing the fuse cover. Next, remove the panel that would touch the door when it is shut. This panel is held by three clips. It helps to stick your hand in the fuse box opening to push the side panel outward. Once out, you will see 2 Phillips head screws that hold the lower dash on. Remove these and the one Phillips head screw on the other side of that panel on the right of the steering wheel. Now the lower panel can be unsnapped from the car. You should have a good look at the fuse box at this time, as well.

You can remove the 10mm polts and nuts that hold on the metal knee bolster and the 3 10mm nuts and bots that hold in the fuse box. Install is reverse. "Ta-dah!"

·
Registered
547 Posts
yeah i am, im waiting for a few parts from china though so hopefully they come soon

those instructions are confusing, how do you push outward?
What set did you go with? But yeah those China parts have very widespread shipping dates. I'm off tomorrow and was gonna see what Walmart, autozone, etc have as far as LED interior lighting. Not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Thanks for uploading the instructions, very interesting reading!
Your welcome! Yeah it helps with general disassembling of interior panels. Particularly that dang A-pillar. That it seems I may find myself removing again. Though not all the way apparently, thankfully!

·
22,793 Posts
I'm off tomorrow and was gonna see what Walmart, autozone, etc have as far as LED interior lighting.
Wal*Mart does offer some adhesive-backed LED strips in blue, red, and white. About $16 a pair, as opposed to eBay's $3/pair. But Wal*Mart offers instant gratification for that extra $13, plus sales tax. :grin:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wal*Mart does offer some adhesive-backed LED strips in blue, red, and white. About $16 a pair, as opposed to eBay's $3/pair. But Wal*Mart offers instant gratification for that extra $13, plus sales tax. :grin:
Yeah probably not worth it. Especially since I want to do front and back LED lighting.

·
22,793 Posts
I'm still on the sidelines about rear ones. IF I decide to do it, I'll have to decide between some shorter ones I bought about a year ago and the two remaking 15 LED's strips I have in the trunk.

I may just forget that mod and opt for the blue "Elantra" LED sill plates. This would enable them to behave exactly like the tunnel LED's under the dash. Wiring would be a snap: just tie them in to the circuit that I put in for the footwells. Got lots of Cat-5 cable left over for circuit wires.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm still on the sidelines about rear ones. IF I decide to do it, I'll have to decide between some shorter ones I bought about a year ago and the two remaking 15 LED's strips I have in the trunk.

I may just forget that mod and opt for the blue "Elantra" LED sill plates. This would enable them to behave exactly like the tunnel LED's under the dash. Wiring would be a snap: just tie them in to the circuit that I put in for the footwells. Got lots of Cat-5 cable left over for circuit wires.
Yeah that's what I was talking about and how I could wire 3 other lights(passenger and rear seats) to the main light(driver) that is connected to the map light wires.

The LED sill plates are awesome! I love that mod. I gotta get these LEDs in first though haha. I have to order them too!

·
22,793 Posts
Take the wire that's coming down from the A-pillar under the dash. Splice onto the ends a really long wire. Run it around the inside perimeter next to the doors, under the carpet, or anywhere else, and then up along the other side...hide it tuck it away as you install it. All you have to do then is tie the sill plates into this long wire it at each sill location.

And, yessiree, they DO, INDEED, look awesome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts