Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So the mechanic took the compression test. It scored 145/225/225/225 psi. It's not great, but it shouldn't miss that bad. He said the plugs were the problem, so I let him change the plugs, but that didn't work either. Mysteriously the clutch now slips big time, when it didn't slip at all before. He admits to nothing, avoids any liability.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Have you investigated the fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail? There are other threads on here about that item which can give rise to poor running.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
SUCCESS? This morning, it would not run at all. It was all I could do to get it to start, and it would stall with the slightest load. I revved it up to redline, burned tires, burned the clutch.... now it doesn't miss at all! Give me a week for final verdict.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
VICTORY! Something is/was clogged in the intake/fuel system. Here's the fix, (are you ready?).... ITALIAN TUNE-UP. That's right... WHOOM-PA, WHOOM-PA. It's like I always suspected, I just try to drive too slow all the time. So now I make sure I goose it real good at least once a day. Been good for a week now, no missing.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So today I finally got around to taking off the throttle body and cleaning it carefully with carb cleaner. My miss had really gotten bad lately, so I've been doing the final remaining things before I got a new car. The throttle body "looked" pretty clean upon casual inspection, but when I finally took it off, there was significant carbon build-up. I was surprised what a precision piece it was. It actually held carb cleaner when closed, i.e. there would be no air leakage when closed whatsoever. After reassembly... WHAT A HUGE DIFFERENCE! I can't get it to miss at all, and it's wonderfully smooth and powerful, not to mention the idle speed is completely constant. So file that away in your memory banks... Clean the throttle body on the bench.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out why my car is missing so bad. I'm looking at the fuel injectors wondering how to get them out. Are they just pressed in?
[/QUOTE Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there. I've been battling a 2003 XG350 with a rough idle for about a year-and-a-half now and been thru the works also. Ive pretty much Narrowed mine down to the cats are shot from the misfires. so if that would help you at all I'm just throwingg that information out there because I spent a lot of money before I got to this point...Now I'm going to spend a lot more...but good luck with it .

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Injectors rarely fail in any cars. Yes pressed in with top and bottom o rings which are normally replaced afterwards. Need to use proper lube on Orin’s.

Misfire codes can be from bad coils or wires. Really important to use oem wires in the 3.5, I had issues with using aftermarket wires. The coils get white spots and start to corrode from moisture, sitting at the front of the engine doesn’t help I think.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts