Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my blower motor to see if anything is stuck in it. Can anyone tell me if this is easily done or give me a link to some instructions. I can't seem to find anything using my search engine.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Hey sorry about the problem. My Sonata from time to time has sucked in something too. We have a Hyundai Tech guy here

that gives excellent advice, plus it should be on that HMA site? Give the Sonata time to spit it out. The worst that could happen is the

Blower will stop blowing. And they do go bad!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Easiest method may be to drop the glovebox, and pull out the cabin air filter.. I seem to recall from there you can reach in with fingers and roll the squirrel cage around and pick any debris out.. if filter full of trash, you will spill stuff into fan when removing the filter..

Sometimes I lose the leafs do to brittle and caught between the blades, I just mash them up and forget.. turn fan on high and verify it smooth.

If it comes down to dropping the fan motor, typically 3 screws hold it to bottom of fan box.. not any kind of major technical surgery to remove it, may have to move harness or something to allow you access it, you'll see when you do it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I removed leaves from the blower and the motor is whisper quiet again! :liebe011:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts