Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the factory fitted audio system on my i20.

I have copied my mp3 songs to a DVD data disk. But my i20 music player is not accepting it?
Is it CD only? that will be a shocker on an other wsie delightful car.

cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
erm, i think its CD only, but just to double check you did finalise the disc so it can be played on all supported devices? might help

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not going outside to look, it's too cold! But if the device doesn't have the "DVD" logo on the front panel, it isn't going to paly DVD's I'm afraid.

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE (i20 ASTA AT (O) @ Dec 22 2010, 01:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382347
I have the factory fitted audio system on my i20.

I have copied my mp3 songs to a DVD data disk. But my i20 music player is not accepting it?
Is it CD only? that will be a shocker on an other wsie delightful car.

cheers
Don't think the standard system will play a DATA disc on DVD or CD
you need to use a blank AUDIO CD.

Lester

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Can I remove the existing system, with one that does support all formats ? I guess it will cost me.

Hyundai should have had it in the original. Because the USB slot below supports my 4GB pen dirve, so it has the ability to process a FAT32. And I presume the cost difference between a DVD lens and CD lens (with necessary controllers) is not much.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are very few car radios fitted with DVD, most have CD. However I note that your model has a USB port, so why bother burning CD or DVD? A 4gb USB pen-drive cost around £8, so will hold roughly the same number of tunes that a DVD will.

Most people these days don't actually buy music on CD anymore, more download from internet to I-Pod or MP3 player, so it is very easy to copy MP3 music from pc to pen-drive. USB is also much more convenient than CD, easier to carry, and can be changed whenever you want.

Technology is changing very fast these days, and with most new mobile phones going to have a universal USB charger, I would expect most cars to have USB ports for this, also many accessories (bluetooth, SatNav etc) can also use USB, then cars will probably have several USB (probably around 6) to power these, instead of using bulky cigarette lighter sockets.

I have heard that car manufacturers want to stop having CD players fitted to their car radios, and would rather use cheaper USB sockets. Cassettes lasted around 30 years attached to car radios, I don't expect CD players to last nearly as long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts