Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this on the previous generation sonata by removing a little sliding part inside the seatbelt buckles. Tried to do the same here and I cannot even figure out how to open them? Looks like something is holding them together and I don't see any screws on the outside.

Basically I don't want to disable all the chimes completely. I just want the car to think that the seatbelts are always on. This noise drives me crazy.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? Let's not start with this.. I use or don't use the belt whenever I choose to. This is my car and my life and it's nobody's business what I do with it.
The question is how to disable it. Not whether I should or shouldn't use the seatbelt.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Not that I agree with you by not wearing the belt BUT the do sell an adapter on eBay. Looks like the male end of the belt and it buckles in.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not that I agree with you by not wearing the belt BUT the do sell an adapter on eBay. Looks like the male end of the belt and it buckles in.

Yeah, you can get them in carbon fiber and other colors. You can also buy a "seatbelt extender", same thing really, it disables the chime just being plugged in to the stock female end. Gives you a little more room to place the belt in with out having to dig into your sides. (if your short or,,,,,,,,,, "husky") lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can also buy a "seatbelt extender", same thing really, it disables the chime just being plugged in to the stock female end. Gives you a little more room to place the belt in with out having to dig into your sides. (if your short or,,,,,,,,,, "husky") lol
This could be an option but I was interested in more of a permanent solution so to speak. To keep the stock look without the chime. Worst case scenario I guess I can just disable all the chimes by removing the speaker but it'll still leave the seatbelt light operational. And I kind of wanted it gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.