Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first-time Hyundai owner (a month now) I am quite happy with my 2010 Sonata Sport. It came with XM Radio built-in to the audio system (with nice large display screen). I have had a SIRIUS aftermarket unit in my other vehicle and the thing I liked was that it would scroll the song title and artist continuously during the song's play. On my Sonata screen I have to press a button TWICE before I can see the title and artist...and then it only stays on for three seconds and reverts back to a screen that tells me that I am tuned to "Oldies 006"! I know I'm tuned to Oldies 006...that's the station I chose! The display actually shows channel 6 on the screen in three different places! But I cannot find any way to change the display so that I can get the song title and artist to stay on the screen!
And I have turned the SCROLL function off and on and there's no difference! If the song title is long then I don't get to see the end of it during that three second display! Turned the AVC off and on too, but don't see any difference! The Hyundai manual section on XM sucks, by the way! It actually only once uses the acronym AVC but never explains the function!
Please! It's driving me crazy. If XM is transmitting the song title and artist, then I should be able to change a setting on the radio to make it display all the time!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Antigonisher, if it's the same unit as the 2009, press the SET UP button and the screen will display TEXT SCROLL-AVC-XM. Then rotate the right (TUNE/ENTER) knob to highlight XM and push the knob in. The screen will then display the two options...rotate the right knob again to choose ARTIST/SONG and push the knob in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No go, Joe! The 2010 model doesn't appear to have XM as an option on the set-up button!?!? When I press SET-UP it goes back and forth between TEXT SCROLL and AVC but there is no third option for XM. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts