Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1999 H1 2.5 diesel. The problem I have is that some previous owner has messed about with the starting system.
When I turn on the ignition the glow plug light flashes on for about 1 second then goes out. Also the engine managment light stays on for about 5-6 seconds then goes out (is that normal)? There is no problem with cold starting, after about 6 seconds I can hear the glow plug relay switch off.
The problem I have is somtimes when hot It will not start, It cranks over fine. So I turn of the ignition and try again and it starts fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be and where I should look? I have been told there is a temperature sensor at the top front of the engine, I've found this and wonder if it's worth replacing.
Thanks Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same problem with my 1999 starex, i've join the hyundai auto club philippines, and searched for some answers because even my mechanic can;t tell why...when the engine is cold it's starts fine,and even after a 30 minute drive,when i turn off the engine and tried the ignition again it won't start,..now my van is fine...what you need to do first, assuming you got a good battery, is have the starter relay check, have your starter check..i have my starter motor replaced and the starter relay replaced, hope this will help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts