Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 Santa Fe GLS base model with single ac controls and am trying to resolve this issue with my wife’s ac. When the ac is on the driver side blows warm air sometimes hot air but the passenger side blows as it should cooled air. I have connected a can of coolant with a gauge to the low side ac line and got a reading on the low side of green. So I didn’t charge the system. I then purchased and replaced the driver side blend door actuator. Still have the same issue. If anyone can advise me on what may be going on and how to fix it besides going to a dealership it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I own a 2011 Santa Fe GLS base model with single ac controls and am trying to resolve this issue with my wife’s ac. When the ac is on the driver side blows warm air sometimes hot air but the passenger side blows as it should cooled air. I have connected a can of coolant with a gauge to the low side ac line and got a reading on the low side of green. So I didn’t charge the system. I then purchased and replaced the driver side blend door actuator. Still have the same issue. If anyone can advise me on what may be going on and how to fix it besides going to a dealership it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
Is that vacuum operated or electronic? vacuum would be a tube connected to the actuator and electronic would be electrical connector?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is electronic I just bought some frion to try to charge the system in the hopes that works. Looking at other posts in here that was recommended a few times.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
It is electronic I just bought some frion to try to charge the system in the hopes that works. Looking at other posts in here that was recommended a few times.
DO NOT CHARGE....It's cold on the pass side which means the system is charged. You'll only create a problem that doesn't exist now.
Do this....Turn system to full cold. Take out key. Pull the fuse for the HVAC....wait one minute and replace the fuse. Turn key on but do not start. Don't touch any controls. You will hear the system going through the learning process, It will open and close the doors to learn the full open and close positions. After relearn is complete , one minute, start the car and check.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I will try that as soon as the wife gets home. And will let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I tried every fuse that says ac on it there isn’t one that said hvac to no evail. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Charge it

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
So I tried every fuse that says ac on it there isn’t one that said hvac to no evail. Any other ideas?
I have to find out the right fuse or fuses to pull. Don't try charging it unless you have AC equipment to do it properly.
Did you hear the system working the doors after replacing the fuse(s) and turning the key on? If so, we may have a module problem.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
About 25 psi on low side
That is definitely low. There must not have been much difference in the temps right to left. Passenger side is closest to the evaporator and will feel cooler but not a lot.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
None the less thank you for your advice!
You're welcome....the system has a leak somewhere. Just don't be surprised if it happens again. Only time will tell how bad the leak is.
One thing you can do is look around the different components and connections and see if there's dark gooey area (similar to what you find under a valve cover that's had some leakage)....this would be where the oil in the system is coming through the leak and getting dirt and dust gummed up at that area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

Wondering if someone can help me.

I am having a similar issue.

Ac blowing cold on passenger side and not so cold on driver. Not hot but not cold..

I charged the system.

I took the blender door actuator off and manually turned it to the cold position but still not blowing cold. When turning heat and cold up and down I can see the actuator moving. Actuator on passenger side moves fine as well when using dual climate. Any advice would be great!

On 2013 Santa Fe Sport.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hello all,

Wondering if someone can help me.

I am having a similar issue.

Ac blowing cold on passenger side and not so cold on driver. Not hot but not cold..

I charged the system.
Is it colder on passenger side? Is the suction fitting real cold and sweaty at the compressor? If line is not cold at compressor and A/C is charged correctly I would suspect an expansion valve issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it colder on passenger side? Is the suction fitting real cold and sweaty at the compressor? If line is not cold at compressor and A/C is charged correctly I would suspect an expansion valve issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

It is much colder on passenger side. The driver side is around room temperature but cooler than outside (86)

I will need to do some research on where the suction fitting is and check.

Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts