Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so does anyone else have a loud pinging noise at about 3000 rpm, in any gear, and right at the threshold of torque and coasting? i have an 08 5sp and the dealership said i was making things up and that it is my aftermarket exhaust and intake, however the issue started 10k km after the exhaust on and i spent 300 dollars to get the system checked and stethascoped (bad spelling) and the noise is coming from the top end of the engine not the back or underneath... is this the dreaded "piston slap" that the cars gets and the dealership is just ignoring the sound and pretending like it isnt making a noise? im not crazy and everyone i know has listened and agree that its from the top of the motor.. im calling hyundai-canada in the morning and reporting the dealership because theyve done 15 hours of work and accomplished nothing... other then that, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Sep 27 2010, 08:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359242
however the issue started 10k km after the exhaust on noise?
Put the factory exhaust back on and see if the problem persist or cease...

I'm calling Hyundai-Canada in the morning and reporting the dealership because they've done 15 hours of work,, and accomplished nothing... other then that, any other suggestions?
Calling Hyundai Canada likely wont accomplish much, as the dealer is just a franchise, and they can operate as they see fit, provided they follow some Hyundai rules, like you have to have a Hyundai trained tech to do warranty work, you will do warranty work for at our set prices & labor, we will supply SST that you are required to have and pay us for,, but dealer is free have to have idiots work there.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!!!

ANY ONE WITH THE KFX EXHAUST, IF YOUR CAR DEVELOPS AN INTERNAL NOISE, IT WILL NOT BE WARRANTED AND YOU HAVE VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (nobodieshero07 @ Sep 30 2010, 11:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360020
NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!!!

ANY ONE WITH THE KFX EXHAUST, IF YOUR CAR DEVELOPS AN INTERNAL NOISE, IT WILL NOT BE WARRANTED AND YOU HAVE VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY
Internal to the engine? Which warranty? How can they prove the exhaust caused engine noise? I'm just wondering what the dealership told you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.