Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want you to read the whole story before adding your advise.

Well let me start off by stating I love my 2010 Tucson. I ordered my Tucson on 2/22 from Atlantic Hyundai and didn't take delivery until 4/5/2010 due to stories from the dealer that never made any sense. I drove my Tucson home at 9:00pm from the dealer on 4/5 I didn't use the car on the 6th on the 7th I pulled the Tucson out of my parking garage and realized that the front 2 windows (drivers & passengers side) have many many scratches on them. It looks as if there was yellow crayon on both front windows and person who preped my Tucson used a bent razor blade and scratched both windows. I instantly call the sales person that sold me this Tucson and told her. She advised me to bring it back to let her look at the damage. Mind you I live 30 miles away from this dealer, and anyone from NY can tell how long it can take you to travel 30 miles during rush hour. So I drove back to the dealer and showed her the damage. She brought me to the service department where I met the service manager. after inspecting the damage he called over the Big Boss who told him to replace the glass and list it under transportation damage. Ok, I was told that they would order the 2 windows and call me when the arrive. I get a call around the 14th of April and schedule the vehicle to be serviced on April 22. I bring the vehicle into service on the 22 and was told that the car should be done the next day Friday the 23rd. Friday I get a call from the service manager and was told that there are clips on the bottom of the glass that did not come with the new glass and they had to order it. I was told Monday maybe Tuesday it would be ready. Saturday I spoke to the sales woman who sold me the Tucson and explain the situation to her, she said she'll call me back. She calls me back and states that I should have my Tucson Saturday afternoon. The clips they ordered came in. Fine. I call back around 3pm on Saturday the 24th and was then told sorry it will not be ready today. It would be ready Monday or Tuesday. Fine. I called today at 12 noon to find out the situation and I was told from the service manager I'll call you right back, well he never does. I call the sales woman again to explain to her that this is not right and by now I am getting angry. She calls me back and says there is nothing she can do to call back service and ask for Vinny The big Boss in the service department. I call service and leave a message for him and he doesn't call back either. About 1/2 hour ago I get a call from the service manager who I drop the car off for this repair and he tells me that it will be about 2 weeks before the clips come in.WTF!!! I ask him why can't they take the glass from a new vehicle and install it into mine and then replace the clips when they come in. I was told they are not willing to do that. He advises me to call Hyundai Motors of North America to complain. I ask him why would it take so long to get these clips, I can order sand from Pakistan and have it here by tomorrow noon time with Fed-EX. He say He don't know. humm
So now what should I do??

They kind of got me by the [email protected] here.

I really didn't blame the sales woman who sold me the Tucson even tho she had issues getting this vehicle for me. That's why I praised her in a prior post. Does any one have any advise for me?
I purchased this Tucson from Atlantic Hyundai of West Islip, NY
I now have no reason to protect the name of this dealership. I have been lied to, ignored and not treated with the respect I deserved after spending 30k with them less than a month ago.
oh btw they gave me a filthy dirty 2010 Sonata as a loaner with 1/4 tank of fuel.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm not sure what to advise other than when your experience is over you never visit that dealer again.

I would keep perstering them as much as possible until they fix it and when they do, scrutinize everything before you pick it up.

Also, I don't understand why they couldn't remove the clips the are on your current windows and install them on the new windows?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Todd Nicholson @ Apr 27 2010, 07:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317457
I'm not sure what to advise other than when your experience is over you never visit that dealer again.

I would keep perstering them as much as possible until they fix it and when they do, scrutinize everything before you pick it up.

Also, I don't understand why they couldn't remove the clips the are on your current windows and install them on the new windows?
I already advised the service manager when I brought the car in the first time to make sure that there is no missing parts or screwdriver pry marks on my panels. Apparently the clips that are on the original glass has some type of bond onto the glass. The new clips get put on with a special type of epoxy when they install it. When I finally received the car they offered me 2 years of free oil changes and at that time I told them that they would never see me again for service, only because I live too far away to drive out there for a oil change. But now I really have a reason to never go there again. It a sad thing that businesses treat customer like this after the sale has been made. You had to see how nice they were when they trying to get me the vehicle for delivery. oh were very sorry, is there anything we can do..... Now that they got paid for the vehicle it more like that the best we can do, if you want to complain call Hyundai of NA.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would definitely (at the very least) follow through with Hyundai NA. I would be sure to tell them everything that happened, and that you are also going to be as vocal as possible with respect to every online forum that you can find. I would ask them point-blank what they intend to do about this to make it right with you. If they give you nothing, at least you know where you stand with them. I'm not sure what other recourse you have in your state.

One thing positive from your story: at least they did give you a loaner, albeit a dog. I've had an experience similar to this (OK, actually worse) with VW of America, and had no loaner to fall back on.

Best of luck with the rest of your story. Keep enjoying your Tucson, despite these clowns! Hopefully, you will be able to make something positive from this!

tim B)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with the dealership. I also got my car from this dealership, and had a fantastic times with the dealer when I was buying the car. I had pretty much made up my mind that I would not be using their service department cause its too far out for me to drive. I also agree that once you've bought the car, there's less of an incentive to treat you properly. I would suggest you keep hounding them. Also definitely call Hyundai NA and complain. I find it hard to believe in this day and age that it will take 2 weeks for a part to be delivered. Something is not right. Good luck with everything, and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just called Hyundai of North America and filled a complaint. The phone representative was very nice. He placed me on hold and called Atlantic Hyundai and spoke to the service manager. When he return to my call he told me that Atlantic Hyundai is willing to remove the 2 windows from a new vehicle and install them in my Tucson (which they would not do yesterday). Atlantic Hyundai states I should have it back today or tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Apr 28 2010, 11:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317613
I just called Hyundai of North America and filled a complaint. The phone representative was very nice. He placed me on hold and called Atlantic Hyundai and spoke to the service manager. When he return to my call he told me that Atlantic Hyundai is willing to remove the 2 windows from a new vehicle and install them in my Tucson (which they would not do yesterday). Atlantic Hyundai states I should have it back today or tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.
At least your getting some action. Keep'n our fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Complain up the chain. Report to the BBB if you want. When I had an issue with my Sonata GLS they gave me a Sante Fe limited loaner. I would demand a better loaner since it seems to be running longer than expected.

·
Registered
14 Posts

I'll keep you posted.
That's awesome news! It's a shame though that it has to take a call to Hyundai to resolve this. You may also want to leave a review of your experience with the dealership on dealerrater.com I took a quick look at the other reviews for your dealership and there were quite a few other unhappy customers. I actually used that website to help me when I purchased my Tucson back in January. I actually drove over 100 miles over the border of NJ into PA to purchase my automobile from a dealer who had fantastic ratings and couldn't have been happier!

Best of luck!

-Chris in NJ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts

I'll keep you posted.
Sorry about your bad experience. What's really strange is that Atlantic Hyundai is rated the highest by BBB with an A+

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Apr 27 2010, 03:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317413
I want you to read the whole story before adding your advise.

I purchased this Tucson from Atlantic Hyundai of West Islip, NY
I now have no reason to protect the name of this dealership. I have been lied to, ignored and not treated with the respect I deserved after spending 30k with them less than a month ago.
oh btw they gave me a filthy dirty 2010 Sonata as a loaner with 1/4 tank of fuel.
Many of us go through similar experiences when buying a New Car. You should never take possession of a New Car until YOU

have inspected it 100%. If there are any problems, the Dealer will issue you a "We Owe You", or "Due Bill" at the time of purchase.

This Dealer has waisted your time, and does not seem that sharp. This is no reason to call the BBB and Hyundai Corporate, & FOX5. You simply

tell the G.M. you have requested (or have) the Factory Sales Survey, and will fill it out with the lowest possible numbers for his Dealership.

Give him a snippet of what happened, and see if he is willing to do anything for you. Plain & Simple! :00000732:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guys,
Well I got good news. I picked up my Tucson this afternoon. I didn't say 2 word to anyone in the service department, they kind of knew I was pi$$ed over the whole situation. I spoke to the sales woman (Samantha Padilla) who sold me the Tucson and thanked her for her help. They swapped out my front windows from a new vehicle that was not sold. Now I am happy dude. :banana:

But beware Atlantic Hyundai, I know I will be getting a service department survey and trust me I hope there is enough room on the form by the time I get done with it.

Thanks again, it feels so good to vent. :liebe011:

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Apr 28 2010, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317734
Thanks Guys,
Well I got good news. I picked up my Tucson this afternoon. I didn't say 2 word to anyone in the service department, they kind of knew I was pi$$ed over the whole situation. I spoke to the sales woman (Samantha Padilla) who sold me the Tucson and thanked her for her help. They swapped out my front windows from a new vehicle that was not sold. Now I am happy dude. :banana:

But beware Atlantic Hyundai, I know I will be getting a service department survey and trust me I hope there is enough room on the form by the time I get done with it.

Thanks again, it feels so good to vent. :liebe011:
Glad to have you back, Joeeey! I think Hyundai NA should throw in a free ECM mirror for all the trouble you went through. It only costs them about $125, and it would do a world of good in soothing the nerves they have ruffled.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah~ that would be funny to see someone else here complain about the same problem from a Tucson they just bought from Atlantic Hyundai

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Apr 28 2010, 08:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317752
Glad to have you back, Joeeey! I think Hyundai NA should throw in a free ECM mirror for all the trouble you went through. It only costs them about $125, and it would do a world of good in soothing the nerves they have ruffled.
That's funny you mention that. While I was on hold with Hyundai NA I was thinking what else do I need from Hyundai for my Tucson. Nothing that I can think of. I purchased the Rear view mirror,rear cargo cover, rear hitch. The only thing that I am looking to get are the weathertech floor mats (when they come out with the front and rear).

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Apr 28 2010, 08:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317764
That's funny you mention that. While I was on hold with Hyundai NA I was thinking what else do I need from Hyundai for my Tucson. Nothing that I can think of. I purchased the Rear view mirror,rear cargo cover, rear hitch. The only thing that I am looking to get are the weathertech floor mats (when they come out with the front and rear).
Yeah, that IS going to make it difficult if they ask you "How can we make this right?" :mellow:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sympathize with you on your window replacement problems, but .......dude ! If this is the worst you ever experience after buying a new car, consider yourself lucky ....... really lucky.

I have bought many, many new cars in my life, and I remember the aggravation some of them caused me.
One that always comes to mind is when I bought a new VW Westphalia camper van and it came with so many problems & defects that I had to keep making a new list.
Finally, after taking it in about 4 times and them fixing only 25% of the problems, I made a final list: 34 items.
I got a huge piece of cardboard and painted these words on it: "This Lemon came from Crosby VW" and I taped it to the van, took a few photos, drove it around town a few times, and waited for a response.
Oh, and I sent one of the photos & my list to VW North American Headquarters.

Well, I'm not sure if it was the photo to VW HQ or what, but I get a call from Crosby VW gen mgr. saying they've had reports of someone driving around with a sign on their Westphalia, and ..... that wouldn't by any chance be you, would it?

well, when I came in they assigned one senior mechanic to me, and he was responsible for getting the shop to fix everything on my list, and all I had to do is deal with him (a nice guy, btw). Within a few days, everything was fixed and I was happy with my new van.

Never underestimate the power of bad publicity.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (bigmutt @ Apr 28 2010, 09:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317772
I sympathize with you on your window replacement problems, but .......dude ! If this is the worst you ever experience after buying a new car, consider yourself lucky ....... really lucky.

I have bought many, many new cars in my life, and I remember the aggravation some of them caused me.
One that always comes to mind is when I bought a new VW Westphalia camper van and it came with so many problems & defects that I had to keep making a new list.
Finally, after taking it in about 4 times and them fixing only 25% of the problems, I made a final list: 34 items.
I got a huge piece of cardboard and painted these words on it: "This Lemon came from Crosby VW" and I taped it to the van, took a few photos, drove it around town a few times, and waited for a response.
Oh, and I sent one of the photos & my list to VW North American Headquarters.

Well, I'm not sure if it was the photo to VW HQ or what, but I get a call from Crosby VW gen mgr. saying they've had reports of someone driving around with a sign on their Westphalia, and ..... that wouldn't by any chance be you, would it?

well, when I came in they assigned one senior mechanic to me, and he was responsible for getting the shop to fix everything on my list, and all I had to do is deal with him (a nice guy, btw). Within a few days, everything was fixed and I was happy with my new van.

Never underestimate the power of bad publicity.
That's funny. :clap: What a great idea. I guess your right things could have been much worse. I am just glad everything worked out. I really like my Tucson and I didn't want it to leave a sour taste in my mouth due to unresolved problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live down the road from Atlantic .......3 weeks ago there was a Nissan parked on Sunrise Highway service road in front of dealer and had big sign "DO NOT BUY NISSAN CARS FROM ATLANTIC".

Glad to hear this will end ok for you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts