Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make the locking horn signal to setup on lover volume level ? Its kinda loud during middle of the night. I had toyota before they have beeps, also my wife has a mitsubishi outlander and it does a quiet horn signal when locking doors using keyless. i would really love to have this feature if its possible. any has any ideas ? thnx for any advice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 29 2010, 02:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337034
:00000732:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the horn will only honk if you press the 'lock' button twice within something like 5 seconds. Even if you only press it once, the system will still arm provided the turn signals flash once...the honk is only meant as a confirmation that the doors locked.
the honk from my experiense is a confirmation that all doors are closed properly, [as I'm bit suprised that 2010 santa fe's doors are not easy to close at all, sometimes I have to close em with more power, slam the door to close em at first time, and I really dont like that coz its a new car and i dont wanna destroy it right away. (my dad has a theory that each car that closes the doors easly and quietly is well build car, it looks like there's something on his theory))

so for me to have a confirmation honk that all is locked and closed properly is important.

so none has any idea how to make this horn signal quietly ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (hatesmith @ Jun 30 2010, 12:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337332
Try replacing the horn with an aftermarket horn. They've probably got 8 or 10 different ones at your local Auto Zone. All aftermarket horns have the sp listed on the back. Your stock horn is probably about 90dB. Around 60dB should be enough to reassure you without waking the neighbors. If you can't find a horn quiet enough, you can get an air horn with a plastic trumpet, and drill some small holes near the base. This will decrease your volume, but it will also change the pitch. As long as you keep it in the key of F-Major, no one will think it's out of place (this is the key of all North American automobile horns).

Down side is, your horn won't be very loud, but how often do you really use it anyway?

And lastly, if all this sounds like too much trouble, goto the junkyard and get one off of a 2nd generation Elantra, the wires should match up, and I'm pretty sure those old Elantra's hold the world record for the weakest horn ever.

Good luck.

hmm that would be interesting, i will play with it , will keep u posted thnx again for reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.