Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm new to the forum, and am hoping that someone else may have the same problem and possibly knows what is causing it.

I've got a 2010 Elantra Touring Sport, and when I double click the lock button on the key FOB the horn sounds. Every now and then, it doesn't beep nearly as loud as it should (it still makes noise, but you have to be standing right next to it to hear it). My local dealer says that they couldn't find any problem (they didn't actually check, they just kept pressing the button to see if they could replicate the problem).

It doesn't seem to be a real big issue, but I am concerned that if it's the actual horn as opposed to a problem with the key FOB, then my horn may not work when I actually need it to.

Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
425 Posts
QUOTE (middross @ Jul 30 2010, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346123
Hi all. I'm new to the forum, and am hoping that someone else may have the same problem and possibly knows what is causing it.

I've got a 2010 Elantra Touring Sport, and when I double click the lock button on the key FOB the horn sounds. Every now and then, it doesn't beep nearly as loud as it should (it still makes noise, but you have to be standing right next to it to hear it). My local dealer says that they couldn't find any problem (they didn't actually check, they just kept pressing the button to see if they could replicate the problem).

It doesn't seem to be a real big issue, but I am concerned that if it's the actual horn as opposed to a problem with the key FOB, then my horn may not work when I actually need it to.

Thanks
Ross
Hi Ross. Can I ask why you want to double-click the button? On my UK i30 a single press is all that's required.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Are you sure it is the Horn?

Mine makes a thud when I press the lock button. I only need to press once.

Just tried pressing twice and I get a thud for 1 press and a very light sounding thud when I press for a second time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A single press will lock the doors, and the signal lights will flash. However when the "unlock" button is pressed, the signal lights will also flash. My wife feels much more comfortable when she hears the horn beep, as there is no mistake that the car IS locked.

Either way, the fact that the horn is not ALWAYS working is what the problem is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've just read on another forum re Santa Fee that the technician offered a confirmation toot on the horn when the person locked or unlocked the car.

Based on this then it must be available for this model.

Take it to the dealers and ask them to check the set up for you so it toots to what your wife wishes.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Okay, I just went out to the garage and confirmed what I thought. The beep you hear when you double click the US version of the I30, the Touring, does not come from the horn, but from the alarm itself. Open the hood and you can see the alarm horn just behind the right wheel well. Looks like the car horn, but smaller. You can confirm this very simply. Put your ear down by the passengers side lower windshield and arm the alarm. You will hear it beep through the vent at the base of the windshield.

If you sound the horn, you will hear the vehicle horn sound through the grill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Starbird @ Aug 2 2010, 11:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346772
Okay, I just went out to the garage and confirmed what I thought. The beep you hear when you double click the US version of the I30, the Touring, does not come from the horn, but from the alarm itself. Open the hood and you can see the alarm horn just behind the right wheel well. Looks like the car horn, but smaller. You can confirm this very simply. Put your ear down by the passengers side lower windshield and arm the alarm. You will hear it beep through the vent at the base of the windshield.

If you sound the horn, you will hear the vehicle horn sound through the grill.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.