Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Anyone have a non-functional horn? I have about 6k miles and my horn does not work, at all. ??
Hmmm,, 2021 Elantra N Line, 6k miles,, give that fella a 5yr / 60 warranty coverage

BTW, tell the repair dude to bend the mounting brackets of the new horns so water cant sit in the groove where the horn body assembled,, OR, take and fill the groove with RTV so water cant collect and kill horns at both side
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Fill groove with RTV to keep water out --

Audio equipment Gas Vehicle Auto part Cameras & optics

Bend bracket so water runs off horn --
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Tire Automotive design

Shipping box Font Carton Package delivery Gas

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - got the horns replaced. Per Hyundai dealer, they will only install/replace based on manufacturer's instruction/design. The high pitch and low pitch horns were replaced under warranty.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,922 Posts
Not the first I've heard of failed horns on the forum... Kudos to you for letting us know the cause, Dog Patch Steve!

Now I kinda want to do this on mine, too bad step 1 is "Remove the front bumper cover." :LOL:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not the first I've heard of failed horns on the forum... Kudos to you for letting us know the cause, Dog Patch Steve!

Now I kinda want to do this on mine, too bad step 1 is "Remove the front bumper cover." :LOL:
I got stuck with 1 that had horn set a few month prior, I had idea to fill groove with our RTV, but Mgr had been dealing with fse, who said "no RTV", instead, adjust bracket angle so water run off.. So I bent brackets and took pic to go with the ticket

Next car I just took the horns and fill groove with RTV, then use finger tip to make pretty like caulking job, see it in the pics, and bend bracket to slope the water off

·
Registered
2022 Elantra N Line
102 Posts
Thanks guys - got the horns replaced. Per Hyundai dealer, they will only install/replace based on manufacturer's instruction/design. The high pitch and low pitch horns were replaced under warranty.
I have an appointment next week for my NLine... The horn only blows a high pitch tone...I lost the full horn and it sounds like I'm driving a moped...err! He even said that they have to check it before they can order it. That's frustrating because that's 2 separate appointments. But as long as it gets fixed I guess I can't complain too bad.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra N-line DCT
825 Posts
I may replace my stock horns with PIAA horns.

For those who know I have a train horn in my N-line, I took the air tank out due to rust development despite it being in the trunk. Plus I wanted a smaller tank anyways lol I need more room. Selling the 8 gallon air tank.

The horn I'm getting

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All, please check your horn functionality on your CN7. This is a safety hazard.

Lately, I've avoided using the horns and only use it if I really need to. A few days ago, I had to use it. It was for that reason I discovered my horn not working was when I tried to alert another vehicle that almost side swiped me from entering my lane. Luckily, I was able to swerve into the other lane (it was clear, thank God) to avoid being hit. Everything is good, no one got hurt and an accident was avoided. However, the horn would been nice to have worked in that situation.

·
Registered
825 Posts
All, please check your horn functionality on your CN7. This is a safety hazard.

Lately, I've avoided using the horns and only use it if I really need to. A few days ago, I had to use it. It was for that reason I discovered my horn not working was when I tried to alert another vehicle that almost side swiped me from entering my lane. Luckily, I was able to swerve into the other lane (it was clear, thank God) to avoid being hit. Everything is good, no one got hurt and an accident was avoided. However, the horn would been nice to have worked in that situation.
Mines still work perfectly fine. Knew this because my battery went flat last night and AAA jump started it. Scared the living crap out of us.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mines still work perfectly fine. Knew this because my battery went flat last night and AAA jump started it. Scared the living crap out of us.
Battery went flat? How long has the car been sitting? Or... did you leave the lights on or have something that was the cause for battery drain?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Battery went flat? How long has the car been sitting? Or... did you leave the lights on or have something that was the cause for battery drain?
Dashcam caused it. Had it set to turn off at 12.2 volts months ago but I guess when stuffing the switch behind a bunch of wires, the switch got moved to 11.8 volts plus it's cold up here so there's that.

Moved it back to 12.2v and slowly placed it elsewhere. Since then it's been fine. Was nervous after work thinking it wouldn't start. I did a Mobile Remote start and I was happy when I saw that it was successful.

and when I mean flat I mean FLAT! Literally nothing worked. After jump starting it, I got a ton of errors but a quick restart fixed that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My horn stops working intermitently. It drives me nuts. Battery check tomorrow. When this happens the signal lights goes nuts too.
I doubt it is your battery unless you are having other issues (e.g., start up). Per my local Hyundai dealer, the factory horns are known to be faulty - something to do with the a flaw in resistor design. I didn't know my horn didn't work until I actually needed to use it to avoid an accident... thank gawd, I was able to swerve to the other lane without incident or injuries.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts