Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i broke down and was talked into putting a hood scoop on my car this afternoon. saw one at autozone that looked cool and decided to try it. looks really nice in my book. when i drive it, i almost feel like i am in need for speed now with the scoop in the windshield. :)

cool.

i am sure some people will be like: "you put a hood scoop on an accent?" but for me, i like it and it lets me enjoy the ride that much more so heck with them!

pics:

will get more outside soon.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/b...nt/CIMG3660.jpg

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
People won't ask that. They'll ask why you put a hood scoop on a non turboed non top-mounted intercooler Accent. And at that, a non-functioning hood scoop, unless you also modified an opening in your hood.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
modifying the hood to allow cool air to go in is in the future- once the car is paid for which I am hoping will be soon.

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (silverflash @ Nov 13 2010, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371393
well i broke down and was talked into putting a hood scoop on my car this afternoon. saw one at autozone that looked cool and decided to try it. looks really nice in my book. when i drive it, i almost feel like i am in need for speed now with the scoop in the windshield. :)

cool.

i am sure some people will be like: "you put a hood scoop on an accent?" but for me, i like it and it lets me enjoy the ride that much more so heck with them!

pics:

will get more outside soon.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/b...nt/CIMG3660.jpg
You put a hood scoop on an accent?
There.

Could care less, it's your car. Do what you like. I'd like a functioning one on my car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep. some like fancy stripes down the side of their cars, gold trim pieces, whatever.

i like the scoop. it is growing on me.

oh, the gf just drove the car with me and my kids in it. first time since the new wheels/tires and intake/strut bar. she loves it!!!!!!

she has a new touring that she just got 2 weeks ago, but really lieks the way my accent drives- racey!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh my... that's like a girl with super huge boobs spilling out of a way too small top... it's interesting to look at but it does make you go hmmm!

Enjoy the ride!

-- Boris

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I actually saw a yellow 3g accent in Dickson City up my way with a hood scoop. I want a functioning hood scoop on mine so bad... but I don't have the courage to cut any holes in my hood.

ps.  Looks fantastic! How did you put yours on?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Nov 14 2010, 02:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371474
I actually saw a yellow 3g accent in Dickson City up my way with a hood scoop. I want a functioning hood scoop on mine so bad... but I don't have the courage to cut any holes in my hood.

ps.  Looks fantastic! How did you put yours on?
Keep in mind: an improperly designed hood scoop will do nothing more than funnel tons of water into your engine bay and all over super hot parts when it's raining. Oh, and all the electronics too lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i pay this sucker off, then i will cut a hole in the hood, run a seal-able pipe to the area of the sri. it will provide some cold air for that at least while moving.

when i say seal-able pipe, i mean something that i can block off really quick bu lifting hood etc. might find a rubber plug someplace that will do the job. not sure yet.. maybe even just cot the hole and leave it there with a plug? better than nothing i think but have to think about it.

as far as how i put mine on, it is just a 3m tape model- it seems pretty solid and like it will stay put for some time to come.....$40.00 at autozone.

:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not too ricey? anyhow, i have gotten some looks already and it seems to add something to the driving experience. i figure ALOT of cars have fake scoops on them, even sports cars so i am in good company.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone else have a scoop with pics?

·
1,565 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks! i think it does as well! kinda why i decided not to paint it silver like the car but leave it black.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
funny, striped. ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll be honest, I don't like it. Just for the reason that its non-functionnal. It's kinda like putting brembo covers (with 4 pistons) on our calipers, or spinning-hubcaps. They're all in the same category imo.

There, my opinion.

I had some on my civic back in 2000, but they were functionnal, and helped a bit with keeping my engine cool on dragnights.

Keep in mind, that pics from 10 years ago...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well who will know it's not functional really?

i like the look- looks boss...

:)

different strokes for different folks i guess!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts