Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of our new 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS w/Pop pkg last weekend. Noticed that the '10 Tucson does not have an "under the hood insulation pad". (The holes are located under the hood for the pins to install the pad.) We have owned four Hyundai vehicles since 2000 and all came with under hood insulation. Did mention this to the dealer who checked other '10 Tucsons on their lot which also did not have hood insulation. Initial communication from the dealer parts department is a "hood insulator pad is shown on the '10 Hyundai Tucson master parts list with no price or availabilty date;......but the '10 Tucson factory build specifications does not currently call for a hood insulator pad."Anyone have any information? Thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (Tucsontex @ May 19 2010, 11:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324478
Took delivery of our new 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS w/Pop pkg last weekend. Noticed that the '10 Tucson does not have an "under the hood insulation pad". (The holes are located under the hood for the pins to install the pad.) We have owned four Hyundai vehicles since 2000 and all came with under hood insulation. Did mention this to the dealer who checked other '10 Tucsons on their lot which also did not have hood insulation. Initial communication from the dealer parts department is a "hood insulator pad is shown on the '10 Hyundai Tucson master parts list with no price or availabilty date;......but the '10 Tucson factory build specifications does not currently call for a hood insulator pad."Anyone have any information? Thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts

we have the ix35 (tuscon) with under bonnett (hood) padding in Australia, guess we have to get something xtra considering the price we pay down here

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (aussiedan @ May 21 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324940
we have the ix35 (tuscon) with under bonnett (hood) padding in Australia, guess we have to get something xtra considering the price we pay down here
At least you guys down under, and in Canada get a bit more for your money! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
We don't get the bronze color, or the interior taupe/red leather, or integrated bluethooth though!!

(although the bluetooth is coming, apparently).

I've ordered my highlander 3 weeks ago.. delivery in another 6 to 8 weeks.. :(

I love the interior red leather.. i wish we could get that...

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey zubs, what money did you pay for your highlander?

i have an elite with the diesel, tinted windows, floor mats and paid $40K, driveaway and also I am in Tamworth NSW, always pay more when you live in the country,,,,,man we pay big bucks for these rigs down here and not having bluetooth sux, although i am really happy with the car

cheers Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just printed out the Cars.com Hyundai Tuscon Limited....and...option group 01/AA shows an "egine cover" as part of this option group. I do not know if that is the same as the underhood insulation pad????? Is it???? :innocent:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (nortsr @ May 21 2010, 10:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325044
I just printed out the Cars.com Hyundai Tuscon Limited....and...option group 01/AA shows an "egine cover" as part of this option group. I do not know if that is the same as the underhood insulation pad????? Is it???? :innocent:

Thanks for all the replies/information. The engine cover is available with the GLS Pop Pkg and the Limited. The engine cover is covering the top of the engine while the hood insulation pad is attached underneath the vehicles hood I guess to provide a bit of sound reduction? I guess the USA Tucson does not offer the hood insulation pad.

Appreciate the response. Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aussie Dan - i got a deal for 39.9k for the highlander in titanium grey with
- reverse sensors
- front sensors
- parrot bluetooth
- mats
- tinting
- european black/orange number plates
- stylevisors/weathershields
- ipod connector

Then i met the aftermarket lady who tries to sell the paint/leather/interior/rust protection crap for $3000.. i bargained it down to $1700 with the first 3 years worth of services free (ie about $1400 worth)..

The dealer i got it from also gives an extra 3 years (limited) warranty, and free car washes for life!

So all up i paid 41.7k drive-away.

Think i got a pretty good deal...

AND, if my car turns out to be the newer version (June built onwards) then it will have inbuilt bluetooth - so i'll get a refund for the parrot bluetooth i purchased (Maybe around $400 or so).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi aussiedan.. i bought at Suttons (Rosebery).

I was also dealing with Parramatta - and they came very, very close.

Was very happy with both of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts