Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew where the alarm plunger was on my two former MD’s. Today, I decided to get the dust off my engine and wax under the hood again. Car in garage, driver window down, and I forgot I had armed it. Reached thru the window and pulled the hood release. Bam! Alarm engages. Turned off, lifted hood, and thought I’d see the plunger. I couldn’t find it. I’m either blind as a bat, or it’s not where I was looking. I know, I’m an idiot. Anyone want to hook a brutha up? Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Looking at ETM..

Open hood

Look to in vicinity of washer bottle cap (about same height),, snd slight toward driver side, you should spy grey connector with 2 wire in it (green & black)

Follow harness toward front (likely across core support) toward latch.. possibly integrated with latch.... I have not had occasion to need to look

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I knew where the alarm plunger was on my two former MD’s. Today, I decided to get the dust off my engine and wax under the hood again. Car in garage, driver window down, and I forgot I had armed it. Reached thru the window and pulled the hood release. Bam! Alarm engages. Turned off, lifted hood, and thought I’d see the plunger. I couldn’t find it. I’m either blind as a bat, or it’s not where I was looking. I know, I’m an idiot. Anyone want to hook a brutha up? Thanks!

I dunno, but how you doing, my friend?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,322 Posts
Just to confirm sbr's suspicion...the hood switch is part of the latch assembly.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I am impressed with this the wax under the hood activity. Or is that one of those retirement activities that keeps you from doing the wife's list of things to do? Tripping that alarm was pure genius. When she asks what you were doing tell her:

Wew, that was a close one. I had an error with the alarm system and needed a Tech, a Mechanic, and a friend to resolve the problem.

·
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dunno, but how you doing, my friend?
Doing great, OC. Just returned from our 50th HS Reunion. A hundred and forty liars all grouped together: “You look great.” Or, “You haven’t changed a bit!” My first. Thank God for name tags. Hadn’t seen any of these folks in half a century! I could’ve walked past one at Walmart and not recognized them!

Heading to Wichita to see Marshall Tucker Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd tonight. Saw Skynyrd about 15 years ago. Going tonight to reminisce.

Broke the 50k barrier. Ol’ girl still got moxie! As you know, I buy ‘em to run ‘em!

You doing okay? For an old fart, that is?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Doing great, OC. Just returned from our 50th HS Reunion. A hundred and forty liars all grouped together: “You look great.” Or, “You haven’t changed a bit!” My first. Thank God for name tags. Hadn’t seen any of these folks in half a century! I could’ve walked past one at Walmart and not recognized them!

Heading to Wichita to see Marshall Tucker Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd tonight. Saw Skynyrd about 15 years ago. Going tonight to reminisce.

Broke the 50k barrier. Ol’ girl still got moxie! As you know, I buy ‘em to run ‘em!

You doing okay? For an old fart, that is?

So far so good. But whoever said "Life begins at 60" needs a rethink!

Marshall Tucker and Skynyrd. Good gravy! BTW, we do a sort of 'punk' version of Can't ya See? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts