Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing my GLS today my horn would no longer honk when pressing the key fob twice. After some research I found that my alarm was not activating. Also after doing some searching on the forum someone mentioned that there was an alarm switch for the hood. I found the switch on the middle edge on the passenger side near the front shock mount. On the hood there was a matching hole that looked like there should be a rubber pad mounted and was missing. I then remebered when I was cleaning the underside of my hood I thought I had felt something come loose. In the past I have accidentally knocked off similar rubber pads on other cars that cushion the hood when closed but for some reason this time I quickly over looked it.

After 3 attempts looking all over my garage and my driveway and 2 earlier attempts to look in engine compartment I took one more look. The design of the Sonata is really different than the norm where there are a all kinds of floors and flat spots around and under the engine. I fnally seen the missing rubber pad lying in the rear of the engins just lying there. My alarm now works fine once more.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Nice job of troubleshooting, P Haggard.

:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts