Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to program my garage door opener tonight and none of the lights work. I did everything the manual said, the lights wouldn't even light up on the mirror. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks erhalt1

·
Registered
870 Posts
Didn't you get a 2014 the other day?

If no lights come on when you push the buttons I'm afraid there's an issue with the wire(s).

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did (B). I just had time to do it today. It sucks having to take it to another dealer, where I didn't buy it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My daughter had that problem on her brand new Elantra and it turned out to be a fuse under the dash. Replaced the fuse and the problem never reoccurred.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When I did in my car (not a SF, unfortunately), I pushed the Learn button on the garage door opener, then the trick is to press the button in the car a few times until it opens or close the garage door, when it does it's set.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!! I will check the fuse and if that doesn't work, I will have to take it to the dealer! Thanks for all of the kind valuable information!

·
Banned
532 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I will check the fuse and if that doesn't work, I will have to take it to the dealer! Thanks for all of the kind valuable information!
Chuck the manual instructions, go to the Homelink page and print out their's, it's much easier. Also, you may have to delete (unlearn) the buttons you've tried to program.

Great feature, we have it on 2 switches in the house also, but programing can be a PITA.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chuck the manual instructions, go to the Homelink page and print out their's, it's much easier. Also, you may have to delete (unlearn) the buttons you've tried to program.

Great feature, we have it on 2 switches in the house also, but programing can be a PITA.
I can't find any fuse for the home link in the owners manual. If you press any of the buttons, NONE of the lights light up! It's like its dead!

Thankyou,
Eric

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Agreed!! I wonder how the dealership in town will react, being I went out of town to buy it! Couldn't get a good deal or even a Loaded Santa Fe in town.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Agreed!! I wonder how the dealership in town will react, being I went out of town to buy it! Couldn't get a good deal or even a Loaded Santa Fe in town.
They won't care. Build your relationship with this facility, for all they know you could have just moved into town. Warranty work, I mean campaign's ..^_^ .. provide positive cash flow for a dealership, they are rated by HMA on the retention of buying customers for this work. They also receive a running tally of how much they're loosing from non-satisfied customer warranty work. I'll try to get a retention warranty/campaign chart from a bud, it's small but shows how much HMA relies on stats.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thankyou!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts