Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 2010 Tucson, a week ago. Tried to program Homelink, yesterday, but no dice.
It seems none of the Homelink buttons do anything whatsoever. I am guessing since Homelink mirror is a very new feature for Tucson (previously only came with auto-dim / compass), they *forgot* to upgrade the harness and it's not powering Homelink buttons.
Reset procedure (hold outer buttons until LED starts to blink) does nothing. Pressing any of the buttons individually doesn't register on LED.

Question for those who have Homelink mirror (if I'm not mistaken, it's the same mirror on all models?)
When you push any of the buttons, does LED light up?

Called the dealer and talked to service manager... the first thing he says before listening to anything I have to say: "The problem with Homelink is that your car has to be next to the house to program it"... umm.. how about listening to the problem before proposing a solution? He then proceeded to try to convince me that I don't have Homelink at all (way to know our products!) :mad:

It's a very minor issue, but I sure hope I'll never have any major ones.. have not heard one positive thing about any dealer service here in NJ :(

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
We were just talking about this in another Thread. Since the power stays hot to the Homelink at all times, I think your Mirror is

broken. I don't know why the previous Tucson only came with the Auto Dim/ Compass. While they do have different Versions, Homelink

has been put in Hyundai Units for years? :whistling:

·
Registered
165 Posts
The homelink mirror in my Tucson works perfectly. Programming was a snap, compass works, and the autodimming feature works well. If there's no power to yours (should be green LED if the autodimming function is ON, then maybe it's broken or possibly not even plugged in. You should take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Todd Nicholson @ Apr 29 2010, 05:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318022
The homelink mirror in my Tucson works perfectly.
That makes one of us :(
The LED works (it's the same LED that lights up when you turn on auto dimming feature). It's just not affected by any of the homelink buttons. All of them are definitely disabled. Dealer said the earliest he can look at the car is May 10th.. pretty sad, if you ask me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed it myself :thumbsup:
Got the install instructions. Traced the wiring. Found that one of the connectors wasn't plugged in right. I'm happy that I solved the issue and I won't have to take the car in. I'm not as happy about the fact that Hyundai clearly does not test their work (or at least doesn't do it very thoroughly). It would have only taken literally ONE second to test if the mirror had proper connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a new 2010 Tucson Limited with the NAV pkg. My mirror does not have the homelink feature. Did your Tucson come equipped that way? I thought it would have it and was surprised when it wasn't included.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's a port-added item and is extra. It's not standard on any model. When I bought mine I noticed that some but no all had the HL mirror. You can buy one separately and have it installed (or install it yourself) if desired. I think they're 250.00 bucks from the dealer. Might find it cheaper elsewherere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the Homelink/auto-dim/compass mirror installed at my dealer. Auto-dim and compass work fine...Homelink is DOA. Took it back yesterday, dealer put in another mirror (but did not check the install in the headliner) and same thing, which leads me to conclude the technician hooked it up wrong. I'm having the same results as Erci...Homelink buttons are dead at all times. Where did you find the install instructions? I don't have a lot of confidence in the dealer being able to fix this. Also, to access the wiring, did you have to take out the screw under the sliding headliner panel near the front of the sunroof, as well as the courtesy light/sunglass holder module?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (R. Cali @ May 15 2010, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323151
Also, to access the wiring, did you have to take out the screw under the sliding headliner panel near the front of the sunroof, as well as the courtesy light/sunglass holder module?
Did not need to pull any screws. The connector wasn't plugged in properly in the fuse panel area. Take a look at the instructions :)
There are 3 wires. 1 ground, 1 to power compass/ec mirror and 1 for homelink. I can pretty much guarantee you that your homelink wire is not hooked up right.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to Erci, who was kind enough to provide the install instructions, I found that the technician probably had not read them. The wire for the mirror was attached to the correct terminal, but for some reason, he attached the wire for the Homelink to a wire not even in the same vicinity as the correct wire and terminal pin. I pulled the spade off the incorrect t-tap, installed a new one on the correct wire in the harness, plugged the spade into it and...Voila! Homelink works! :clap: Thanks again to Erci :liebe011: for saving me about 2-3 hours of arguing and explaining tomorrow at the dealership. Thankfully, the tech screwed up on the easiest part of the install to access and correct. :banana:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (R. Cali @ May 16 2010, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323464
Thanks to Erci, who was kind enough to provide the install instructions, I found that the technician probably had not read them. The wire for the mirror was attached to the correct terminal, but for some reason, he attached the wire for the Homelink to a wire not even in the same vicinity as the correct wire and terminal pin. I pulled the spade off the incorrect t-tap, installed a new one on the correct wire in the harness, plugged the spade into it and...Voila! Homelink works! :clap: Thanks again to Erci :liebe011: for saving me about 2-3 hours of arguing and explaining tomorrow at the dealership. Thankfully, the tech screwed up on the easiest part of the install to access and correct. :banana:
Awesome! Glad I could help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks very much for the Homelink installation instructions. Can someone also provide a step-by-step programming guide for the Homelink on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS? I cannot get it to work properly...

(I should also mention that there is ZERO documentation about Homelink in my manual & information!)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (vogelap @ Aug 16 2010, 09:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349660
Thanks very much for the Homelink installation instructions. Can someone also provide a step-by-step programming guide for the Homelink on my 2011 Hyundai Tucson GLS? I cannot get it to work properly...

(I should also mention that there is ZERO documentation about Homelink in my manual & information!)
Please ask a harder question.... www.homelink.com

Directions for use of the HOMELINK ® product can be found at their site.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,222 Posts
I just got a new Tucson Limited with Nav. It works fine and I programmed the garage door opener but I don't see the compass on the mirror. Is there supposed to be one there or do I have to rely on the map which also has the direction I'm moving? I couldn't lay my hands on the information in the voluminous owner manuals. Advice would be appreciated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts