Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had bought a 50-GENK41A for my truck but never installed it, and when I got the car I went with a mirror with a screen in it for a backup camera. It has the Homelink buttons with autodim, no compass or temp. It comes with the mirror and the wiring but not the wire cover (it can be had for $8 on ebay), and it is very easy to hook up.I paid $169 for it, and have never used it. I would like to get $130 shipped for it, but am open to options.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,279 Posts
Crap...just bought one on Fleabay for 151 used.

A day late and a (hundred fifty one) dollars short

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Aug 18 2010, 10:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350123
is that the auto dimming mirror for the sonata?
Gentex makes mirrors as "OEM" for many manufacturers. So as long as the button fits your windshield, all you have to do is wire it up. Since the OP was going to use it on his Sonata I am taking a leap of faith that the button should be the same.

EDIT: Its not plug and play. You will have to run three wires, two power sources and a ground. Red is switched, yellow is constant and black is ground. Then you can decide if you want the mirror to open the door when no key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 18 2010, 09:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350125
Gentex makes mirrors as "OEM" for many manufacturers. So as long as the button fits your windshield, all you have to do is wire it up. Since the OP was going to use it on his Sonata I am taking a leap of faith that the button should be the same.

EDIT: Its not plug and play. You will have to run three wires, two power sources and a ground. Red is switched, yellow is constant and black is ground. Then you can decide if you want the mirror to open the door when no key is in the ignition.

Yeah all 3 hook ups are in the overhead console.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Actually, having just done this recently, the wires are not all there unless you have the sunroof. You can tap into the map light connector, your compass/autodim function will stay on after you turn off the key or press the stop button (draining the battery in process). I had to remove my A-Pillar trim to find switched 12v near the fuse box.

PM me if anyone needs help on removing the pillar or finding which wire to tap.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a sunroof and was able to hook mine up. I will pull down my console this weekend to see which wires I tapped.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Aug 18 2010, 08:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350296
I don't have a sunroof and was able to hook mine up. I will pull down my console this weekend to see which wires I tapped.
Interesting :huh: . If so check to see if the little green light in the mirror goes off when the key is off (or the compass if u have it). If you didnt tap the right wire, then it is going to stay on after you turn the key off. Hopefully there are some wires that I missed, cuz that will make it much easier for the rest of the folks looking to do this mod.

And it is such a great mod!!!

BTW did you use an inline fuse for yours??

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't remember what color the wires were, but I taped the map light for constant power, and the little blue light for ign. power. The harness that came with the screen mirror, comes with a couple inline fuses, and I have had no problems with anything so far. The mirror I have now has the compass, homelink, autodim, and it has a light on the bottom that comes on at night. Everything shuts off when the engine is off.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Ok I got ya. I thought about tapping that one but I didnt think it would supply enough voltage for both the light and the mirror functions. Either way, good to know that there is a wire up there. I am thinking about hardwiring a charger in for my smartphone. Its good to know that I can pull power from there.

You have the same mirror as I do. See the pic below...I love the fact that the compass is a hidden one so if you turn it off, no one can tell that your mirror has it unlike the others with the darkened spot that has the compass in it.
[attachment=19846:IMAG0096.jpg]

The next one is the one in the GF's 2010. Since she didnt have temp, I got her one with temp/compass/homelink. It also has a little vanity light underneath.
[attachment=19847:IMAG0095.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts