Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread or two about these but I wanted to share my experience and maybe bring a few things together to help out anyone else wanting to do this.

The connectors for these mirrors are the same however the Homelink mirror needs two additional power wires.
If you buy a kit from Hyundai you receive a "patch cable" that allows plug and play on the mirror end but still leaves you with tapping into the overhead console for power.

I choose the less expensive route and got my mirror from ebay and then clipped the two wires from the connector and soldered on extensions.

Looking at the attached pictures you can see the two wires cut and extensions soldered on with heat shrink tubing covering the connections.
I just used some speaker wire because the gauge is sufficient and it made a clean install.

I didn't take any pictures but the wire fits nicely behind the stock plastic covers on the mirror and the "bridge" piece between the mirror and headliner.

The attached pdf shows how to remove your console and which wires you need to tap into, basically one of them is switched (for the auto dimming) and the other is constant 12 volts allowing you to open or close your garage door without having the key in.

This is optional but I left some extra wire above the headliner incase the mirror were to be removed for windshield replacement or something.
This is one of the main reasons I wasn't worried about having a totally removable connection form the mirror. How often would you need to remove the mirror?

While I didn't take a picture of the mirror itself this is the OEM Hyundai mirror that has the Bluelink buttons as well if you're using that service.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
sweet! this is a mod i plan on doing sometime this year!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts