Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've only done a resonator delete on my 2010 Sonata, but I wonder if (A) I could increase the intake volume by doing a home made cold-air intake, and (B) if I could replace the stock intake filter-box with only a filter head to do so.
I don't want to spend too much money on my car right now and thought by doing a home made intake, i'll spend about $35 rather than $135.
What do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
If you have a 3.3L buy the following:
(1) 3.5" Aluminum Pipe (6" is enough)
(1) 3.5" Coupler (for MAF to Intake Pipe)
(1) 3.5" to 3" Reducer (for Intake Pipe to Throttle Body)
(4) Clamps (for Couplers)
(1) Universal Cone filter

and you got yourself a SRI.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (JxKx91 @ Dec 20 2010, 12:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381646
So far I've only done a resonator delete on my 2010 Sonata, but I wonder if (A) I could increase the intake volume by doing a home made cold-air intake, and (B) if I could replace the stock intake filter-box with only a filter head to do so.
I don't want to spend too much money on my car right now and thought by doing a home made intake, i'll spend about $35 rather than $135.
What do you guys think??
You could rip out the charcoal/carbon filter inside the intake box... you'll see it once you open it up. That should help a little, plus its free. Otherwise, you could just stick a cone filter at the end of the stock piping... not optimal, but it works.

btw, we don't know what engine you have... 2.4 or 3.3?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey what’s going on guys, i found an old eBay gift card that someone gave me a while ago it has about $50 on it i was wondering if you guys knew what parts i would need to get to make a DIY intake for my 2.4 and if the gift card would be enough to buy all the parts needed that’ll be cool if it was enough! I tried searching and I’ve came up with a few posts but nothing really specific on a 2.4 thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Dec 20 2010, 11:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381732
Hey what’s going on guys, i found an old eBay gift card that someone gave me a while ago it has about $50 on it i was wondering if you guys knew what parts i would need to get to make a DIY intake for my 2.4 and if the gift card would be enough to buy all the parts needed that’ll be cool if it was enough! I tried searching and I’ve came up with a few posts but nothing really specific on a 2.4 thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!!!
No one has verified if there was room under the battery to pipe it down there... like this

You'll need something for the vacuum hose to attach to, a coupler (not sure what size your TB is), a filter, and probably an "L" or 90 degree pipe... I would go 3" for the pipe diameter.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Dec 20 2010, 12:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381752
No one has verified if there was room under the battery to pipe it down there... like this

You'll need something for the vacuum hose to attach to, a coupler (not sure what size your TB is), a filter, and probably an "L" or 90 degree pipe... I would go 3" for the pipe diameter.
Like what there is alot of stuff on that link?

·
Registered
990 Posts
QUOTE (papi8186 @ Dec 20 2010, 11:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381888
in order to do a cold air intake u have to have a lot of patience to figure out the bends i did a short ram intake when i first got my car heres the first video i took the day i put it in and the other video i did i few days ago. you cant really feel any performance increase but it makes it sound real nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQBTZ2gqG8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NAtcDh8qLg

How much what the total cost of doing it? and where did you get the parts? thanx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts