Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We knew it was coming and it's happened. hmaservice.com is now pay-per-use. I went to go look up something for my wife's Santa Fe and after creating a new account got the following price options:

1 week service information access: $30
1 month service information access: $60
1 year service information access: $300
Re-flash J-2534 (per download): $75
Locksmith (per VIN): $12

Ooof :(

Neil

·
Registered
418 Posts
We knew it was coming and it's happened. hmaservice.com is now pay-per-use. I went to go look up something for my wife's Santa Fe and after creating a new account got the following price options:

Neil
You can find it online if you search. Not nearly as easy though and probably not permanent.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Free here .. dealer login

·
Registered
125 Posts

Neil
dealers want you to use their service department. they expect it to make money also, not just the sales department only, when you buy the car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I guess they wanted to recover some of that gas money they are shelling out to some of us. Too bad though, I now have to remove "free online manuals" from the "pros" column and put "took away free online manuals" into the "cons" column. Although it's not like all the other manufacturers are posting their manuals.

·
22,793 Posts
Guess we'll have to buy those Haynes manuals, now. Once they go into print, and after our 100K warranties go kaput. LOL

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I can understand them wanting to keep the shop manual private.. As mr nyjet, points out, the dealers want you in their service bays in order to make money.

But I think the owner's manual and service bulletins should be public. I like to have a PDF version of the manual. It's easier to find stuff using the 'search' function in Adobe Reader rather than having to page through the paper version.

Car manufacturer's should take the lead from Ford. They don't have the shop manuals online, but they do have PDF versions of all the documentation that comes with a new vehicle dating back to 1996.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.