Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get past the invalid email prompt in their attempt to create a new account at hmaservice.com (aka hyundaitechinfo.com)? If so, did you already have a previous account there or no?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been trying to create an account since March, it always gives me an error page. Luckily for me my friend has an account and gave me his login info. Seems like they won't authorize new accounts.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It changed to a 'pay for play' system as of 20 December, at which point all old accounts seem to have been eliminated. I am unable to log in with my prior account information. Are you sure that you still can?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If someone can direct me to a good free file share website, I have a PDF version of the 07-09 Santa Fe shop manual I can post. It's about 100mb in size.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi All.

I discovered this issue this morning as well. Too bad really, in my opinion open access to information was one of the key driving factors for me to buy another Hyundai.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@djeblan
Not sure if you'd noticed, but none of the usual suspects (Chilton, Haynes, etc.) produce manuals for the CM series Santa Fe (and other current Hyundai models), though they certainly produce volumes for hundreds of other vehicles. I have to wonder if the free and convenient access at hmaservice is what kept them from bothering. Now that Hyundai has change their site policy, it's really too late to hope that the publishers will take up writing manuals for these 'older' vehicles, and now we're all pretty much just stuck. REALLY annoying.

@Bobbyg9
Please advise of any copyright information you find in the early pages of that PDF manual. I can host it here if need be providing we don't run afoul of Hyundai in the process.

@Bobbyg9
Can you confirm that your old account access still works?!? Mine does not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
iI seams they canceled all past accounts. I reregistered with same info then they ask you what payment you want to make. 60.00 for a month up to 300.00 a year. I choose to not make a payment. Anyone else want to?

·
Registered
267 Posts
PLEASE UPLOAD THE MANUAL TO THE FOLLOWING LOCATION. UNTILL SOMEONE DELETES THIS POST ALL HAVE ACCESS. ALL HYUNDAI MEMBERS FEEL FREE TO UPLOAD ANY HYUNDAI SERVICE MANUALS. (SANTA FE ELANTRA ETC) ANY DOCUMENTS NON HYUNDAI RELATED WILL BE DELETED.

GO TO WWW.SKYDRIVE.COM

USER NAME: [email protected]
Password: ServiceManual

Click Upload / Download

PLEASE upload the manual BobbyG

I uploaded a dummy file just to test the site access and functionality. "Hyundai Sante Fe Manual Location"

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All I'm finding is a little *.docx file whose content is a single line that says "HYUNDAI SANTA FE MANUAL LOCATION"

·
Registered
241 Posts
A few months ago there was a post on this forum with a link to a website that had created zipped copied of information from hma service. The only one I saved at the time was the one I wanted - 2010 3.5L AWD. But the link still works and there are others ones there.

Note: This is not my site and I am not promoting it. Its just something I had in my favs.

Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
267 Posts
PERFECT!!!

Going forward members first "create" a folder within the website with the make and model of the vehicle then upload the data. IE Currently we have a folder/directory called "CM Santa Fe 07-09" (Blue Box) then all the data is posted within that folder. I will manage the file storage as best as I can and keep a backup.

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts