·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
941 Posts
That's.... different.

It 'looks' fine on a flat-backed car .. but on a curved Tucson, or the Crosstrek in the picture, it might look too out of place... for me. On that Crosstrek it also appears to block some rear view visibility.

And thinking worst case scenario.... let's say you get rear ended... normally, depending on speed, you'll get some bumper damage and hopefully nothing else, but with this thing if you get hit hard enough it could also bend and smash your liftgate area... ouch.

Interesting.. but I don't think it's for me.. Might work for you though ;)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
If you "needed" something like that, fine. But for normal driving it will block a lot of rearward visibility.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agreed! However, kinda interesting thing anyways....LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah no...that looks terrible in more than one way. If you want protection, maybe just a dual hitch extension like this one. It sticks out far enough and is both low and high enough to keep someone from sliding under it or through/over it...could cap it with reflectors or LED light kit for increased visibility, and it should not obstruct your camera view or license plate. This is a cheapie that I wouldn't trust for towing or dual use but fine for this idea. Might be able to find something similar at a Harbor Freight with a no-name label like Pitts or Calhawk. These come in a shorter length as well, but I think all of those are more expensive.

https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Adapters/MaxxTow/MT70070.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts