Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search but only pulled up old posts. My Santa Fe did not come with a hitch, would like to get one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought one earlier this year online from U-haul and installed it myself. Not too difficult. It was a Curt hitch that just had a U-haul sticker slapped on it. Bought it for around $230CAD.

Manufacturer Part Number: 13153
U-haul Part number: 75352

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL limited 3.3 v6
3 Posts
I have mine installed at a local shop. Everyone says it only takes an hour or two and is pretty easy though. My shop hustuses the same brands as everyone else...curt, etc. A trailer and Amazon are fine as long as you buy something reputable. The wiring for the hitch can take some doing though, you have to get all the way up to the battery from the back if you’re doing it yourself. that said some Santa Fe’s have pre-wiring for trailers. Minded. 2017 Santa Fe XL limited. Which means you don’t have to wire all the way to the battery you just have to hook up to the backend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
did a search but only pulled up old posts. My Santa Fe did not come with a hitch, would like to get one. Any suggestions?
Just installed one on my 2017 SE. took me about 2 hours with the electric. Got a Curt hitch (the one with the square tube frame and the wire kit from Carid. Pretty easy job. Only problem is I broke one of the clips that hold the bumper cover section on. So now I always have the hitch exposed. Wanted to put the cover section back on to hide it. It fits back on but will fall off without the clip unless I reinstall the plastic "rivits" on the bottom.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just installed one on my 2017 SE. took me about 2 hours with the electric. Got a Curt hitch (the one with the square tube frame and the wire kit from Carid. Pretty easy job. Only problem is I broke one of the clips that hold the bumper cover section on. So now I always have the hitch exposed. Wanted to put the cover section back on to hide it. It fits back on but will fall off without the clip unless I reinstall the plastic "rivits" on the bottom.
There are kits you can buy which have an assortment of different style clips and a few different types of removal tool and they are rather inexpensive. I've found it to be pretty handy to have when working on different vehicles.

(Re-reading now and it sounds like the clips that are part of the trim piece are the problem. Never mind...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts