Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2015 I10 automatic.
The car parks at high heels, HAC works great.
This week I noticed a problem of parking in the city, HAC suddenly starts in even in plain surfaces but only in reverse.
What could cause this failure?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I take it you mean high hills. Yes the hill start assist control works when on a high gradient. Small gradients or level surfaces the car will creep when you release the brake in D or R.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When tried to park the car, brake pedal locked up even on level surface. and released when I hit the gas pedal.
I think that's a problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The hill start assist is designed so when you release the brake the vehicle will hold the brake for you for about 3-5 seconds. This is designed so that you dont roll back into other vehicles/creep forward, until you press the gas (then it will release). It sounds normal to me but if you are finding it happens all the time I would take it to your local dealer for them to look at it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Once again a case of too many gadgets on a car to make life easier and it sometimes means more to go wrong. My last car the Corsa didn't have hill start assist and the creep would hold it on most inclines and I would only need handbrake on really steep inclines where the car would roll back. Where I live not many hills so I've been driving without actually giving hill start assist a second thought on the i10 I tried it a few times on my steep drive when I put the car in the garage last winter. To be honest I'm not a fan I don't like the two second timing I don't trust something that lets go in such a short time so I'll be using the handbrake if there's a car behind. In this case if the brakes are indeed holding in reverse could be an angle sensor problem and like a lot things with modern cars beyond most of us and it's to the dealership it goes.

Reactions: Longshot

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can see it being useful for standard transmissions on hill starts ONLY, so you have time to take off but otherwise I think its useless on automatic vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts