Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a chance to track mileage (through car system) on a long trip down a straight and fairly flat freeway with little traffic. Results, over 29MPG. I think had I gone 60mph or under this would have easily hit over 30MPG on the freeway. That is better than my Nissan Altima 2.5S I used to have. I stopped along the way to get gas (it was an opportune time because my SO had to use the facilities) and after filling up the clock reset and I ended up back at 28+ for most of the ride home and that includes a stop for food along the way.

When you are just going down the freeway on cruise the MPG just keeps notching up but any hard slows and accelerations and it goes down fast. I feel like I was hypermiling most of the way but am impressed with what I was able to get out of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see you have a 2018 Santa Fe Sport Unlimited 2.0T. Nice, the Unlimited Edition. :p

You tracked mileage through the car system. In my experience with my 2016 Santa Fe Limited Edition, the computer isn't accurate. The best I was able to get was a 31.8 MPG according to the computer. This real-world was 28.6. This was a 211 miles trip with a stop or two for food and speed was mostly 70 Mph.

·
Registered
441 Posts
On nearly all my 37 mile runs to the airport for work travel, as well as 84 mile runs to a friend's house...I track an average of 28.5 MPG with my 2018 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate. That's above the EPA ratings, and quite pleasing to see. Most of the rest of my travel is in the city, and overall getting about 23.8 MPG...still above EPA as well.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
On my 2015 SFS 2.4L the electronic monitoring is 2 MPG high like clockwork as long as it is all city or highway driving. It tends to be off (higher than 2.0 MPG) if you do a lot of highway driving first and then do some city driving. It is simply slower to count down.

Real world measured highway for me has been as high as 30 MPG on flat highway at reasonable (Less than 65 MPH) speeds. Grades cut it back to 26 to 28 MPG. My wife's long with the V6 seems to top out at about 25 MPG give or take a little.

It town......Most trips 2 miles or less.......Generally about 17 - 18 MPG in the summer. Around 15 MPG winter. Obviously less if remote start is used. Lowest ever in winter was about 10 MPG, but that was one of our patented brutally cold winters and included use of the remote start feature.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to do a real world calculation on of these days. I make the same trip a few times a year so won't be hard to recreate the same scenario.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Best I ever got was mid 24's on long trips. Usually in the 70-80mph range.

Worse was a trip pulling my trailer, think I got about 14mpg over about 300 miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am driving a New-to-me 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t Ultimate and just finished a 3905 mile trip to Florida via Tennessee , Louisiana and Georgia back to Northern Wisconsin. I was seldom over 70 mph and encountered some Smokey Mountain driving along with some city and stop/start driving. The total trip garnered 23.98 mpg.
the smaller gas tank is the only problem I see with this car. I agree the turbo engine and six-speed are a great match but a lead-foot cost dearly in MPG.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am driving a New-to-me 2015 Santa Fe Sport 2.0t Ultimate and just finished a 3905 mile trip to Florida via Tennessee , Louisiana and Georgia back to Northern Wisconsin. I was seldom over 70 mph and encountered some Smokey Mountain driving along with some city and stop/start driving. The total trip garnered 23.98 mpg.
the smaller gas tank is the only problem I see with this car. I agree the turbo engine and six-speed are a great match but a lead-foot cost dearly in MPG.

This has been my experience. Where I live all the freeways are 65+ and it's mostly stop and go everywhere else, so I max out at 24-25 hwy on long trips and 20.5 in the city. Driving from PHX-LA I can BARELY make it on a tank, my old Q5 got slightly better mileage but had a 20 gallon tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts