Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Haven't had the hda malfunction just yet but have had the bsw and fca system malfunctions.
Sounds like you got hardware problems. This HDA issue looks to be a software problem that is happening in big cities like NY and LA as it happened after updating my navigation.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds like you got hardware problems. This HDA issue looks to be a software problem that is happening in big cities like NY and LA as it happened after updating my navigation.
I don’t think it’s a S/W problem. It’s only specific to NY and CA. Probably intentional for those states and requested by those states - no surprise there! Not happening anywhere else.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I don’t think it’s a S/W problem. It’s only specific to NY and CA. Probably intentional for those states and requested by those states - no surprise there! Not happening anywhere else.
Just went to the dealer and they spent 8 hours trying to figure it out. It’s not intentional because like I said, it’s a service message. They’re going to take my car for 2 days for intensive testing with a bunch of sensors attached. So no, it’s definitely not normal. Plus, there’s no regulations for self driving here in New York.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do the video. I have HDA on a 2021 Kia Seltos and don't get this error (haven't used it as extensively as you do) but it doesn't appear to change the speed of the car based on speed limit signs, construction zones, etc. even when there are great big speed limit signs - there's a note above that speed changes happen 'sometimes'. It's supposed to use the cameras in the car for that. Thanks also to the person who posted the advanced driving assistance paper from Hyundai - look forward to reading that! I think Hyundai/Kia systems are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus
44 Posts
Just went to the dealer and they spent 8 hours trying to figure it out. It’s not intentional because like I said, it’s a service message. They’re going to take my car for 2 days for intensive testing with a bunch of sensors attached. So no, it’s definitely not normal. Plus, there’s no regulations for self driving here in New York.
any update on this? did they find anything?

·
Registered
2021 hyundai sonata limited
5 Posts
I'm so glad I found this thread from a fellow member. So I bought a new sonata limited 2021(less than 2 weeks old) and started having this service message when using HDA. I've been to the dealership 3 times already. Last thing they did was update the radio. Now the icons are a darker blue and heads up display shows ft before getting to a camera light.
Anyone had this fixed? I'm also bringing it back to the dealership for intensive testing to get this fixed somehow. Shouldn't have this with a brand new car.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just got my maps updated to the latest version and I'm still experiencing this problem. (NYC)
This is only happening in NY and CA. It appears certain areas in these states are off limits to HDA and no doubt mandated by the states. It only occurs on certain freeways/highways. There is nothing wrong with your car.

·
Registered
2021 hyundai sonata limited
5 Posts
For those that don't have the updated map. I believe up to 3 years hyundai will update your maps free of charge. This is the new layout when they tried to fix the HDA service message problem, which it didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
853 Posts
For those that don't have the updated map. I believe up to 3 years hyundai will update your maps free of charge. This is the new layout when they tried to fix the HDA service message problem, which it didn't.
Not related to your issue, but map updates should be now be free beyond 3 years. It's Blue Link that is limited to 3 free years, and you have to pay after. Map updates used to be tied to that (or else you had to pay for them), but that no longer appears to be the case. That's what I was told by mapnsoft, at any rate, and I was able to get map updates for my 2012 for free after that change, even though I don't subscribe to Blue Link on that car (well it was $25 + shipping because they don't offer the download for older models, but it's still cheaper than the $145 it used to be without Blue Link).

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don’t know how many times it needs to be said. This is NOT a S/W problem! Doesn’t happen in my 2021 Limited. Reason: I don’t live in NY or CA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't happen on my 2021 NLine. But then again, I live in Missouri and we are a little sloooooower to get the latest on anything

21 - 32 of 32 Posts