Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to how far my 2008 Hyundai Elantra can go. Bought her at 86k in Norfolk, no probs minus not being able to maintain cruise control at 55mph, she kept going up and down in engine speed and moving speed. Been through some decent flooding and she was fine. On my way to Camp Pendleton she did great until northern Texas, didn't shift and I was doing like 60-65mph in like first gear. 馃槄 Turns out transmission fluid was bad when I got it changed and the filter at a friend's shop when I got home to Albuquerque. She was totally crammed too, since I was living for four years on the east coast. Made it to Camp Pendleton and after graduating with my dad's advice I drove through Payson, Arizona turns out the mountain was on fire. Went to my duty station in middle of nowhere CA. During a leave period I drove from Flagstaff to Sedona, which got three and a half feet of snow overnight. Think I was the only person to make it through that morning considering two truckers and AHP got stuck. Only kinda big problem I've had with her was the right front outer tie rod blew a grease seal and got all four changed soon after. Otherwise that's about it.

TLDR: she now has 178k. transmission shifts a little rough sometimes and my suspension might need upgrading. But otherwise she's running strong!! 馃馃槑

What's your odometer reading on your 2008 Elantra? Any big fixes? Who has the highest?

Registered

The only issue that seems to be arising is the starter, somrtimes it just clicks but start after turning it about 3times, i want to change it with the new one, no other issues , suspension wise it leans a bit more
from South Africa

Registered
My 2009 has about 205,000 km (127,000 miles). No real major issues. Replaced timing belt a couple of times, spark plugs, front struts, brakes. The rear end is making some popping/clunking noises going over some bumps. Otherwise is running good.

Registered
My 2009 has about 205,000 km (127,000 miles). No real major issues. Replaced timing belt a couple of times, spark plugs, front struts, brakes. The rear end is making some popping/clunking noises going over some bumps. Otherwise is running good.
I was cleaning the rear brake and I had to remove the rear shocks so I push it to see how it was and never came up, so I suggest replace them . My car had at that time 134 K miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts